CFTV: White/Brackins postgame reaction

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
Team owners might not like it, but I don't think it's written into contracts. NBA players play pickup and charity games during the off season. Didn't Lebron and D-Wade do one last summer that was televised on ESPN?

Didn't lebron get dunked on?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Didn't lebron get dunked on?

Was that last year? I remember the event you're discussing, but I thought that happened a few years ago, at some offseason basketball camp, I thought.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
Brackins was the 21st pick in the draft. That seems to be around where White is projected. To me White seems to be a much better NBA prospect and I think he will be playing major minutes right from the start. Brackins has played something like 18 games over 2 years and has been released.

Did the NBA get it wrong on Brackins or are they getting it wrong on White (or am I over-rating White).

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Met Craig a few times and I can say he is as nice in person. Tough to find better guys in college basketball and the NBA than Brackins and Royce.

Great guys. And committed to our program and good causes. Hope the money and "hangers-on" don't mess things up for Royce.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Brackins was the 21st pick in the draft. That seems to be around where White is projected. To me White seems to be a much better NBA prospect and I think he will be playing major minutes right from the start. Brackins has played something like 18 games over 2 years and has been released.

Did the NBA get it wrong on Brackins or are they getting it wrong on White (or am I over-rating White).

Brackins ended up in a terrible spot. At least offensively, he could contribute somewhere.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Not likely.

He has a very sweet jumper, good quickness, good size and strength, and he gets up and down the floor. I don't have trouble seeing him land at least a role coming off the bench to keep the offense scoring. In fact, I could see him being a great 6th man, if not a starter.

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
He has a very sweet jumper, good quickness, good size and strength, and he gets up and down the floor. I don't have trouble seeing him land at least a role coming off the bench to keep the offense scoring. In fact, I could see him being a great 6th man, if not a starter.

This a guy that just got cut by the Sixers. What makes you think he could be a 6th man/starter on anybody elses team.

Seeing him in person yesterday made it seem impressive but I guarantee you any other pro would have the same effect on you as CB did.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
This a guy that just got cut by the Sixers. What makes you think he could be a 6th man/starter on anybody elses team.

Seeing him in person yesterday made it seem impressive but I guarantee you any other pro would have the same effect on you as CB did.

He has good quickness, height, and a great shot. If he gets a mismatch on a shorter guy, he can score at will. Granted it was the CCL, but Royce did nothing to affect his shot. I could see him coming off the bench for a team's top scorer and giving 5-10 minutes a game of potent scoring.