NFL: Carson Palmer traded to Raiders

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It was stupid for Bengals management to hold on to him just to make a point. Especially if they could get 2 first rounders for him.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Jason Campbell can't win. Finally has been playing well and the Raiders are 4-2 - this likely ends his tenure as a Raider.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Probably a win-win. Carson did fairly well with mediocre talent in Cincy, will be a luxury for him to have McFadden to hand the ball off to.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I don't think anyone was offering that. They had the Raiders by the short-n-curlies on this.
True, I wonder what offers they had for him earlier. I'm sure someone would have offered something for him. Of course they could have low balled them because they knew Palmer refused to play for the Bengals any more.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Palmer is only 30 years old.

With that said, Cinci came out great in this. They have their QB of the future it looks like, and now they got 2 first round draft picks? They should be set for the next 10 years.

Draft a studly offensive line to protect Dalton and give him time to pass to Green

dglade

May 13, 2006
Waukee
Palmer is 32 years old. He better get them to the AFC championship game or super bowl in the next 4 to 6 years. That is all he has left to play. That is a pretty steep price to pay if he doesn't get them there.

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
Finally glad of my Bengals and their personnel moves. It'll be interesting to see who they draft with those 2 first rounders...They could be smart and trade those picks away New England style and for multiple 2nd/3rd round picks.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Palmer is 32 years old. He better get them to the AFC championship game or super bowl in the next 4 to 6 years. That is all he has left to play. That is a pretty steep price to pay if he doesn't get them there.

Me and you are both wrong. I guess he's 31. 31 is still fairly young for QB's. Tom Brady is 34. I think Manning is 36. Those guys can still play for another 4-6 years

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Huge win for Mike Brown and Cincy. Two first rounders for a QB who hasn't played at an elite level for several years? Palmer's been getting by on reputation for a while now; his last really solid season was 06 when he threw for 28 TDs and 13 INTs. His production since then has been a mixed bag. Anyone know the conditions of the 2013 first rounder?

Last edited:

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Jason Campbell is likely out for the season. The Raiders must not think very highly of Kyle Boller if they are willing to give up two first rounders for Palmer. Didn't the Patriots only send the Raiders a 5th round pick for Randy Moss in his prime?

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Jason Campbell is likely out for the season. The Raiders must not think very highly of Kyle Boller if they are willing to give up two first rounders for Palmer. Didn't the Patriots only send the Raiders a 5th round pick for Randy Moss in his prime?

QB's are much more valuable than WR's and Palmer won't be a cancer to the locker room so there isn't a risk there. I do agree though that 2 first round picks is to much.

I won't write off Carson Palmer. I remember when he was in college and everyone thought he was going to be a stud. Than he struggled his soph and junior years where he had INT's than TD's in 2 seasons. His completion percentage wasn't good either and people started doubting if he was ever going to amount to anything. Than his senior year he goes off for 33 TD's and 10 INT's, wins the Heisman, and was the 1st pick of the draft.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
QB's are much more valuable than WR's and Palmer won't be a cancer to the locker room so there isn't a risk there. I do agree though that 2 first round picks is to much.

I won't write off Carson Palmer. I remember when he was in college and everyone thought he was going to be a stud. Than he struggled his soph and junior years where he had INT's than TD's in 2 seasons. His completion percentage wasn't good either and people started doubting if he was ever going to amount to anything. Than his senior year he goes off for 33 TD's and 10 INT's, wins the Heisman, and was the 1st pick of the draft.
Randy Moss at that point in his career was a much more valuable asset than Carson Palmer right now even considering the locker room problems.
Palmer hasn't been the same since he injured his shoulder/knee.

M6WS6

Jan 24, 2011
Ames, IA
He knows Jackson's system already as Jackson was a WR coach in Cincy 04-06 I believe. With Campbell already a FA after this year, who knows what was going to happen there. Definitly better than Boller... Basically just has to learn how to hand the ball off to McFadden and Bush, and toss a ball now and then and he will be set, lol

I will be interested to see the contract length/salary information, that will tell us more about what the plans are with Campbell...

Last edited: