Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Re: Less than 48 hours to Camp

Top 10 story lines in order of precedence:

1. Who wins the starting QB job.
2. Who joins the starting DL alongside DE Morrissey and NG Jensen/Cousins.
3. Is Qujuan Floyd good enough to crack the starting lineup at DB.
4. Is Taiese good enough to beat out O'Moile.
5. Is Michael Warren too good to redshirt, even with good talent ahead of him in Wimberly/Nealy?
6. Will Luke Knott retake his starting position and has Jordan Harris grasped the defensive scheme sufficiently to beat out Alton Meeks?
7. Which freshman corner is good enough to pull their RS and see real playing time this season.
8. Is Campos good enough to beat out Gannon at Tackle?
9. Can Mangino find a way to get Bundrage and Montgomery in the same starting lineup?
10. Is Lazard as good as we think he is?

11. Levi Peters....beard or no beard?

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale

Every time I read this thread title, I think, "We're going camping? Alright!"

KLP630

Sep 6, 2013

Trent Taylor and Mike Johnson- can we expect to see them on the roster?

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011

Joel Lanning takes first team snaps. CF implodes and a riot happens, causing Leath to cancel the football season.
Debates rage for months, eventually it is decided to change the name from football to handegg to prevent future rioting.
Europeans rejoice.

You left out Mangino getting fired after photos are published of him carrying around one of those construction barricades with the blinking orange lights.

ChiefCy

Aug 4, 2008

clonedude post
11:20
11:21
11:23
The question is what was going on 11:22?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

clonedude post
11:20
11:21
11:23
The question is what was going on 11:22?

No, the question is why do you care, and what is your obsession with me?

I just love these people that come on here and have absolutely nothing to say or contribute other than putting others down. Makes me think they must be VERY lonely people with no friends, and it gives them comfort to think they are part of the "team" that hates on clonedude. Hey, they want to be a part of something in their lives... so why not that?

Seriously though... why do people come on these boards? I always thought it was for conversation about our beloved Cyclones? I guess not. It's just to rip on clonedude. Wow... how fun is that! Not very.

I could understand if I were a Hawkeye fan or a KU fan like Tuco. Then I would deserve to be made fun of. Oh well. As long as it's cheap entertainment for some, who cares I guess. Whatever gets them excited. Putting others down does make some people feel better about themselves I've heard.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

5. Is Michael Warren too good to redshirt, even with good talent ahead of him in Wimberly/Nealy?
6. Will Luke Knott retake his starting position and has Jordan Harris grasped the defensive scheme sufficiently to beat out Alton Meeks?
7. Which freshman corner is good enough to pull their RS and see real playing time this season.
9. Can Mangino find a way to get Bundrage and Montgomery in the same starting lineup?

Oh, by the way.... great post! There is a lot there to think about. If that doesn't strike up more conversation I don't know what will?

I hadn't even thought about Michael Warren possibly contributing this year, but hey, if he's that good, then why not? He definitely has speed to burn, that's for sure.

Looking at our depth chart, I wonder how many teams in the country have two players named Kamari fighting it out for the same position? Now that is something. Of course, not many teams have two players named Sam Richardson either I'm sure.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Oh, by the way.... great post! There is a lot there to think about. If that doesn't strike up more conversation I don't know what will?

I hadn't even thought about Michael Warren possibly contributing this year, but hey, if he's that good, then why not? He definitely has speed to burn, that's for sure.

Looking at our depth chart, I wonder how many teams in the country have two players named Kamari fighting it out for the same position? Now that is something. Of course, not many teams have two players named Sam Richardson either I'm sure.

Yep. I don't see Warren playing this year. He could use the year to learn the system. Hate to burn a year this year.

As far as those who want to personally rip on you, Just put them on ignore. Nothing bothers the trolls more than being totally ignored. Agree that discussions should be on the issue. It is okay to disagree and still be respectful of other opinions.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA

QB battle, WILL linebacker battle, Cousins and Tribune improving as future anchors of the defense, Lazard playing beyond his years.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Yep. I don't see Warren playing this year. He could use the year to learn the system. Hate to burn a year this year.

As far as those who want to personally rip on you, Just put them on ignore. Nothing bothers the trolls more than being totally ignored. Agree that discussions should be on the issue. It is okay to disagree and still be respectful of other opinions.

Very well said!

I agree with you on Warren too for the most part, but what if he comes in and is our 2nd best RB behind Wimberly? What if he beats out Nealy, Brown, etc?

I doubt he will learn the offense quick enough to be able to do that, but if he does you have to play him IMO. We need wins.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Just my personal guesses. No real reason why.

1. Rohach
2. No idea, but it will be moreso by committee than usual.
3. Yes, but he won't.
4. Yes, but I really like Omoile.
5. He should be redshirted, but CPR will burn it at some point for some reason (is it just me or does it feel like he particularly does this with running backs?)
6. Yes and no, but I think Meeks will be a pleasant surprise.
7. No idea.
8. No, but he'll be a great one for us.
9. Absolutely.
10. He will end up being, but will suffer from "Matt Thomad Syndrome" of being hyped up more than a true freshman should be.
11. Beard. Duh.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Very well said!

I agree with you on Warren too for the most part, but what if he comes in and is our 2nd best RB behind Wimberly? What if he beats out Nealy, Brown, etc?

I doubt he will learn the offense quick enough to be able to do that, but if he does you have to play him IMO. We need wins.

If he does he will likely play then. But he would really have to stand out and separate himself probably. Understand what you are saying though.

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ

Hang in there clonedude, anyone hating on a fellow Cyclone IS the problem. Arguing the topics is fair game, but we are all on the same side here. There's room for every perspective regarding this football team, and your views are just as coherent and valid as anyone elses. None of us are "experts", though I will say there's a lot of posters here with great insight and many with relevant experience...that's what makes the board interesting most of the time.

Reactions: Stormin

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA

Just my personal guesses. No real reason why.

1. Rohach
2. No idea, but it will be moreso by committee than usual.
3. Yes, but he won't.
4. Yes, but I really like Omoile.
5. He should be redshirted, but CPR will burn it at some point for some reason (is it just me or does it feel like he particularly does this with running backs?)
6. Yes and no, but I think Meeks will be a pleasant surprise.
7. No idea.
8. No, but he'll be a great one for us.
9. Absolutely.
10. He will end up being, but will suffer from "Matt Thomad Syndrome" of being hyped up more than a true freshman should be.
11. Beard. Duh.

It is just you. I think the only running back Rhoads didn't redshirt as a true freshman was Shontrelle, and he was the teams second best running back that season.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am

At this point in their development, Syria stands a better chance of seeing the field this year than Warren imo. My guess is both RS tho. In terms of potential and upside, Warren may lead the pack, but his lack of experience doesn't even put him in the top 5 as of now.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Good list.

I would add one. "Whatever happened to the bubble screen?" I'd be okay without it unless we have guys who can really block. Its absence may be the ultimate proof that Mangino really is running the offense.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Good list.

I would add one. "Whatever happened to the bubble screen?" I'd be okay without it unless we have guys who can really block. Its absence may be the ultimate proof that Mangino really is running the offense.

I hated the bubble screen as much as anyone, but with all the big WRs that will be available this play may have a chance to work. Not sure how good of blockers Lazard and company are, but trying to block the bubble with small WRs never worked very well for ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron