Cam Lard and Zoran Talley are suspended until December

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Looking at Jeff Goodman’s tweet about suspensions for every team in the country, it seems we have more suspension time scheduled than every other P5 conference combined.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
We don't necessarily need to know but DUIs are what 3 games? That would mean it is worse and not something illegal since we haven't heard there. The pattern of discipline issues is also a factor. I can't say whether he is being lenient or strict, but a month suspension for two players is really uncommon.

Its not illegal only if you get caught.

• Dislike
Reactions: riceville98

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I don't know, if I spent the money to go to Maui and found out after the season has started that two of the top 6 or 7 in the rotation were suspended for undisclosed reasons, I'd be pretty ******* pissed.
Good thing you couldn’t afford it?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yes then why does it continue to be an issue. Every God damn year there's multiple players with multiple game suspensions. Grow a God damn pair and kick them off the team or lighten up and learn to let certain things slide understanding that college aged kids aren't these saints he's trying to turn them into.

If Prohm kicked Talley and Lard off the team I'm sure you guys wouldn't freak out about that decision at all. Lol geez

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think Paul Rhodes could tell you all about letting these kind of issues fester. What did he say in a recent interview about jack***es.
Rhoads would also tell you that you need your best players be focused and to play. If you’re suspending them, there’s already been a failure in that regard.

Coaching high major 18-22 year old athletes isn’t easy, and not for everyone.

• Dislike
Reactions: riceville98

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
How do we know they made bad decisions? What kind of bad decisions were made? He hasn't said anything about why they're suspended.

You honestly think they didn't make bad decisions and Prohm is just suspending them several games because he feels like it? It's not our business, or right, to know their personal issues anyway. I know I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted the bad decisions I made in college be public knowledge. Once again, I trust coach on this one.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Maybe if that was the case for the entire season, but it’s not. ISU still has one of the top backcourts in the country. Maui isn’t going to be a breeze, but there is no reason to think ISU will be .500 or worse by the end of the month. 2 losses isn’t going to crush this season. Not sure why everyone is crying about this so hard.

We play Missouri, 3 games in Maui, and Iowa on December 6th. Every one of those games is a tossup at best right now. There is a real risk here.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yes then why does it continue to be an issue. Every God damn year there's multiple players with multiple game suspensions. Grow a God damn pair and kick them off the team or lighten up and learn to let certain things slide understanding that college aged kids aren't these saints he's trying to turn them into.
Or run the program as he sees fit.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Rhoads would also tell you that you need your best players be focused and to play. If you’re suspending them, there’s already been a failure in that regard.

Coaching high major 18-22 year old athletes isn’t easy, and not for everyone.

Link to the outrage of Campbell suspending Park? What about our starting safeties in the bowl game? Maybe coaching isn't for him

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Maybe if that was the case for the entire season, but it’s not. ISU still has one of the top backcourts in the country. Maui isn’t going to be a breeze, but there is no reason to think ISU will be .500 or worse by the end of the month. 2 losses isn’t going to crush this season. Not sure why everyone is crying about this so hard.

We’ve had WAY too good of a football season. People need to get their little ***** on.

• Funny
Reactions: PlanoClone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Could be. Or it could be a sub .500 team.

In the end all that matters is making the tournament. Injuries, suspensions, etc do not change the objective. If this team can reach the tournament without Lard, Young, and Talley for a significant portion of the schedule then Prohm could kick them off the team for fun.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
No front court depth, missing 2 starters. No opportunity to gel as a roster because of suspensions. I can think of a few reasons why November is going to be a disaster.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Link to the outrage of Campbell suspending Park? What about our starting safeties in the bowl game? Maybe coaching isn't for him

This is only an issue if we start losing. If Campbell would have lost those games people absolutely would have had something to say about Park. If we slide to Mizzou and go 0-fer in Maui people will be out of their minds. If we go 4-0 Prohms a genius.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

Dingus

May 23, 2013
****; come on here to talk about the game and see this.

Better not be from a failed marijuana test. Honestly, who gives a ****.

But I wouldn’t bet against it.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
There was faux outrage. There always is.

Status
Not open for further replies.