Calling all Horror Movie Fans: Favorites and Open Discussion

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
The Strangers sequel. Definitely not as good as the first but worth a watch. It does contain many horror cliches that keep you shaking your head.

Reactions: GTO

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Anybody have a Shudder TV subscription? There’s a free 7 day trial, but I can’t seem to get it to work on my PS4, which is what I watch the overwhelming majority of my movies through.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I’m just going to keep spamming. Watched two movies today. More psychological thrillers, but both really good.

First was Emelie. Sarah Bolger was so ******* good in it. Fair warning though, if you have children, this one may make you feel pretty uneasy. The director did a great job on just holding on some scenes and not cutting away until you become uncomfortable watching it. Not a gore movie at all though, as the trailer kind of makes it appear.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4503598/

The other was Gerald’s Game. I’m pretty sure someone has talked about that on here already, so I won’t rehash, but also well worth the watch. Very clearly a Stephen King work.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3748172/

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Watched this one a few days ago: Our House. It was very well done and had a couple of hair raising moments. Shame that the ending did suffer from a major horror movie cliche. However, if you like IFC Midnight movies, you will not be disappointed (we should start a discussion of our favorite horror movie production companies).

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Watched this one a few days ago: Our House. It was very well done and had a couple of hair raising moments. Shame that the ending did suffer from a major horror movie cliche. However, if you like IFC Midnight movies, you will not be disappointed (we should start a discussion of our favorite horror movie production companies).

I keep wanting to watch this when it pulls up, but the trailer makes it look too much like Panic Room so I avoid it. That’s a wrong assumption, I take it?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Turns out I was confusing this with Room, with Brie Larson. The whole time I was watching thinking “how the hell does GTO think this is horror?!”

Still a good movie though. Now I’ll have to see if Our House is on Netflix.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I watched “The Eyes of my Mother.”

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5225338/

It was........dark. REALLY good. But dark. Kika Malgahaes was phenomenal in it. (Plus I find her VERY attractive in a unique kind of way, which doesn’t hurt.)

Very good, but again, very dark. Also a black and white movie. It’s an English movie, but there are some subtitles because it’s a Portuguese family and they speak Portuguese in parts of the movie.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron