Calling all Horror Movie Fans: Favorites and Open Discussion

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
A one day special showing of Rob Zombie's 31 is going to be on Sept 1 at 7pm. It will be playing at two theaters in Omaha.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
A one day special showing of Rob Zombie's 31 is going to be on Sept 1 at 7pm. It will be playing at two theaters in Omaha.

They are playing that in Des Moines that night too. I have softball until 10 or I would be in. You are going to have to let us know what you thought about it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They are playing that in Des Moines that night too. I have softball until 10 or I would be in. You are going to have to let us know what you thought about it.
I haven't decided whether or not to go. On the one side I would love to see it. On the other I hate crowded theaters. I have no idea what the response to this will be.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
Just watched The Shallows. Good movie to watch with someone who doesn't handle scary movies well. Plus Blake Lively...

The new Blair Witch was everything it was marketed to be IMO. I loved it.

31 was fine. Typical Rob Zombie. Fun enough watch.

Just watched the 1988 Night of Demons. Crappy B movie. Seemed like something you would see on MST2K.

They Look like People was suspenseful and a fun psychological thriller. Highly suggest for those who can handle a slow burner.

The Darkness with Kevin Bacon had some decent enough ideas. Another good one to show friends or your lady that don't like frightening scary movies.

Up next hoping to check out Neon Demon and Don't Breathe.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Just watched The Shallows. Good movie to watch with someone who doesn't handle scary movies well. Plus Blake Lively...

The new Blair Witch was everything it was marketed to be IMO. I loved it.

31 was fine. Typical Rob Zombie. Fun enough watch.

Just watched the 1988 Night of Demons. Crappy B movie. Seemed like something you would see on MST2K.

They Look like People was suspenseful and a fun psychological thriller. Highly suggest for those who can handle a slow burner.

The Darkness with Kevin Bacon had some decent enough ideas. Another good one to show friends or your lady that don't like frightening scary movies.

Up next hoping to check out Neon Demon and Don't Breathe.

Blake Lively alone took that movie from a 4/10 to an 8/10. She was an absolute smoke show in that movie. I couldn't stop staring at her legs.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonpediaJoe

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Intriguing. Can you give a little detail without spoiling?

Group of friends road trip to find the most extreme haunted attraction. Not great on the character development, but unique idea and well done I thought.

Biggest downfall is it's shot found footage style, which I guess is necessary for this flick.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Group of friends road trip to find the most extreme haunted attraction. Not great on the character development, but unique idea and well done I thought.

Biggest downfall is it's shot found footage style, which I guess is necessary for this flick.

It kind of made out to sound like it was a ghost story when I read something about it.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk

Totally agree! Loved this movie. Wish it would have been talked about more.

If you all get a chance, check out Channel Zero on Syfi. It's a series about different Creepypasta stories. Super weird imagery and good story development.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Totally agree! Loved this movie. Wish it would have been talked about more.

If you all get a chance, check out Channel Zero on Syfi. It's a series about different Creepypasta stories. Super weird imagery and good story development.
I'll have to do that. And black mirror on Netflix. More on the sci-fi end, but has its creepy episodes.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
What did you all think about the new Blair Witch? I thought it was cool how they made the lore a little bit larger. Also, they are coming out with writer and director commentary on the DVD when it comes out. Pumped.