Calling all Horror Movie Fans: Favorites and Open Discussion

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The Descent was great. If I had to pick an all time favorite movie, I would say Event Horizon, The Thing, In the Mouth of Madness, or Dawn of the Dead (either Romero or Snyder work for me).

You must like the psychological horror movies. Man, those 3 alone stick with you for hours if not days after you watch them.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
What did you all think about the new Blair Witch? I thought it was cool how they made the lore a little bit larger. Also, they are coming out with writer and director commentary on the DVD when it comes out. Pumped.

From everything I heard, if you don't go into it looking at it like a remake, it's actually a really good movie. Haven't seen it yet to verify.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Does anyone remember Thir13en Ghosts? I remember a couple scenes that made me jump, and I keep thinking the ending was pretty dumb, but for the life of me, I don't remember much else about the movie.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Does anyone remember Thir13en Ghosts? I remember a couple scenes that made me jump, and I keep thinking the ending was pretty dumb, but for the life of me, I don't remember much else about the movie.

The creepy part for me in that movie was the use of glasses to see the ghosts. In particular, when the person is in the bathroom without them on and the ghost that slit her wrists was sitting in the bathtub staring at them.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
Just finished Channel 0-Candle Cove from SyFy last night. Don't want to give anything away, but it creeped me out. Not a cookie cutter horror story. It's going to be an anthology show like American Horror Story. They will be written after the CreepyPasta stories floating around.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
There's been a lot of buzz about a French horror film called "Raw"
It's about a vegetarian vet student that gets a taste for meat and I guess it really just goes from there. Here's the red band trailer. Not for the squemish

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
If you're bored on a Sunday and checking out newer horror films on Netflix, DON'T watch The Dissappoints Room. It should be called The Dissappointing Movie. Only bright spot was Kate Beckinsale was her usual hot as hell self in it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I watched a Danny Trejo movie on FrightPix the other night called "The Burning Dead"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3369676/?ref_=nv_sr_1

He was some sort of Native American Shaman or something that just served as kind of a narrator. There is some sort of evil history surrounding a mountain volcano that erupts. Any lava that hits the ground results in a lava filled zombie rising up to attack.
Typical D movie fare with bad acting and characters that make extremely bad decisions.

Watching movies on FrightPix gets tedious because there are so many ads inserted and they are the same ads over and over again.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
4326685-we-can-rebuild-this-thread-we-have-the-technology-jpg.57315

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Don't think I mentioned this one before, but I watched this movie a few years back and thought it was excellent. Just randomly popped up as the next trailer while I was checking a trailer for another movie on YouTube and reminded me of having seen it:

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
My work computer is funky so not sure if the link works, but watched the Netflix original Little Evil this weekend. It is exactly what you think it is. Adam Scott is good as always and totally worth a watch.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Finally watched Be Quiet. Pretty novel use of sound or the lack there of to create tension. It wasn't what I would consider great overall, but it brought something very unique. A couple of questions though- when their basement started to flood, where did the water come from? And second, if this was the second year, who was planting the corn and how?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
My work computer is funky so not sure if the link works, but watched the Netflix original Little Evil this weekend. It is exactly what you think it is. Adam Scott is good as always and totally worth a watch.

This keeps popping up on my suggested for Netflix. I keep hesitating because it looks like it’s trying to rip off The Omen.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
This keeps popping up on my suggested for Netflix. I keep hesitating because it looks like it’s trying to rip off The Omen.

It borrows a bunch of 80's horror movies, it's actually done pretty well. There are some quality jokes in the movie too. Reminded me of Cooties as far as horror/comedy goes.

Reactions: GTO

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Not necessarily horror, but I watched a couple of thrillers in Tau (a sci-fi thriller) that I thought was really good and All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (a slasher) that wasn’t the greatest but an enjoyable hour and a half (it doesn’t hurt that Amber Heard is a total babe.)

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Not necessarily horror, but I watched a couple of thrillers in Tau (a sci-fi thriller) that I thought was really good and All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (a slasher) that wasn’t the greatest but an enjoyable hour and a half (it doesn’t hurt that Amber Heard is a total babe.)
Haven't watched Tau, but do have it in my queue. All The Boys Love Mandy Lane was entertaining for sure.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Any of you ever watch It Stains the Sands Red? That one was absolutely great and a somewhat novel take on the zombie genre. Highly recommended. I watched it last year and not sure if I mentioned it on here:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron