Caleb Chandler commits

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
No reason not to be. I think this would be his 3rd time visiting.

I wonder if we are done on OL

I think Marquis Hayes was planning a visit potentially next week as well.

I think they still really want Hayes. Hayes could end up being a 4 star guy as well. You don't turn down that kind of talent

Clone2Dbone

Dec 10, 2015
I think they still really want Hayes. Hayes could end up being a 4 star guy as well. You don't turn down that kind of talent
He would be the icing on the cake. I also saw KJ Hamler is scheduled this week too.

Clone2Dbone

Dec 10, 2015
I know it's wishful thinking, but if this staff pulls off the trifecta next week, our 247 composite would bump up to 164.97. That rating would put ISU in 19th place as of today's composite rankings.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
great new, I agree completely that the OL is where you build a team on the offensive side. Great skill people are nice to have, but they can't do anything without a good line. Also, how many guys from GA are on the team now or committed? Just seems like a whole lot more GA guys than ISU has ever had.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
great new, I agree completely that the OL is where you build a team on the offensive side. Great skill people are nice to have, but they can't do anything without a good line. Also, how many guys from GA are on the team now or committed? Just seems like a whole lot more GA guys than ISU has ever had.

Rhoads talked about recruiting in Georgia either last year or the year before. Said they were trying to get their foot in the door and the ISU name into Georgia because of the big numbers of recruits now coming from that state. In the past 4-5 years the number of D1 recruits has really shot up there.

Having guys like Zeb and Chandler will only help in the future down there I'm hoping. Have already seen Zeb help out with Chandler.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Hayes would be a great get too..Obviously full court press on Kam White..If we land Hayes this will be the best Oline class this program has ever signed..on paper...ever. I think at this point this class is shaping up to be the best class in Isu history.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

Love the commit! And am no way looking this gift horse in the mouth, but noticing no interest/offers from UGA. And Jefferson is literally like 15 or 20 miles from Athens. It would be like some recruit from Ankeny getting no interest from us. Again, not questioning, just very curious. GO Caleb, GO CYCLONES!!

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Love the commit! And am no way looking this gift horse in the mouth, but noticing no interest/offers from UGA. And Jefferson is literally like 15 or 20 miles from Athens. It would be like some recruit from Ankeny getting no interest from us. Again, not questioning, just very curious. GO Caleb, GO CYCLONES!!

I wouldn't say no interest. He camped there recently and 247 shows GA interest, but not an offer. GA has 2 OG commits already, so maybe they don't have room. I'd be more worried about a flip if they did have a 'ship open up than any perceived lack of interest.

cydline2cydline

Sep 17, 2011
Altoonaville
I just thought of a conspiracy theory. I am pretty sure CW is ISU's bagman. Whenever he makes a trip somewhere, we get commitments. He hides in plain sight.

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
Wow - pulled a solid recruit SEC country who had multiple SEC offers.

Question - has there been any indication what type of offense ISU will run? QB under center with hands in the dirt, spread, combination of both?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I noticed last winter that Georgia's new coach said that they were going to go with "bigger" linemen. Judging by some of their commits since then, I'd say that Caleb, who is listed from 6'5" 285 to 6'5 300, is at least twenty pounds short of what they're now looking for. Just a guess.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I wouldn't say no interest. He camped there recently and 247 shows GA interest, but not an offer. GA has 2 OG commits already, so maybe they don't have room. I'd be more worried about a flip if they did have a 'ship open up than any perceived lack of interest.

I think people forget that UGA has a new coaching staff, it's possible he wasn't on their radar yet. I actually expected him to have more Miami interest than UGA at this time, due to ties with the old coaching staff.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I noticed last winter that Georgia's new coach said that they were going to go with "bigger" linemen. Judging by some of their commits since then, I'd say that Caleb, who is listed from 6'5" 285 to 6'5 300, is at least twenty pounds short of what they're now looking for. Just a guess.

Caleb is a HS senior this coming year. Still growing probably.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Rhoads talked about recruiting in Georgia either last year or the year before. Said they were trying to get their foot in the door and the ISU name into Georgia because of the big numbers of recruits now coming from that state. In the past 4-5 years the number of D1 recruits has really shot up there.

Having guys like Zeb and Chandler will only help in the future down there I'm hoping. Have already seen Zeb help out with Chandler.

I think GA is probably locked in to that #4 spot in terms of D1 and P5 players produced behind TX, FL and CA. Ohio probably was on the past, but population trends suggest Ohio will continue to lose ground to Southern states.

For those that follow it closely, what do you see as best and worst cases for final class ranking? I'd guess 20 is probably realistic best case and assuming no decommits but missing on remaining top targets would ISU end up in the 45-50 range? I know it's hard to project as there are a lot of highly ranked guys yet to commit, but some of you CFers are really good at projecting this stuff.