Caleb Chandler commits

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
If Caleb Chandler wants to take more visits then it only makes sense to open up his recruitment again. I would rather have him do this then string us along as a verbal commit who is not really committed after all. This is a big decision for him. And it is his decision to make. IMO, we have a great shot at him and I want him. But he does have the right to look around and make sure.

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
I respect that he is considering all his options. I want a kid who wants to play here, work hard, and win. Caleb will be successful where ever he ends up. That all being said I hope he plays in a Cyclone jersey.

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
This is part of the process in recruiting kids with other options. Might as well get used to it. I prefer it over recruiting against FBS schools like previous years.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
This is part of the process in recruiting kids with other options. Might as well get used to it. I prefer it over recruiting against FBS schools like previous years.

No kidding, what is the old saying better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.
To even get a kid at that level to initially commit is a big step forward, still a chance, better that than beating out the Bucknell's and VMI's of the world for players.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I am glad this kid has more class than some of the posters here. It looks like we are still very much in the running, he is coming for an official. He thanked ISU and the coaches.

Last I checked this is a highly rated kid from Georgia. He loved it at ISU enough to initially make a commitment. He is still taking an official visit to ISU. This isn't a kid from Des Moines that has been a Cyclone fan all his life. We are going to have to work for this one. If he was my kid I would have chastised him on making his decision before seeing what else was out there.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
If you wanted to make sure you had the best college experience, whether it be in athletics, academics, whatever...you would do this too. If he stays, all is well and probably forgotten. If he leaves, then best of luck to him on a team that gives him the best training possible....we will just have to show on the field what it is he is missing.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Make a new thread next time.

wow-796x398.jpg

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
[video=youtube;689O-Txd-jU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=689O-Txd-jU[/video]

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
btw I was just trying to put a positive spin on a ****** thing of losing chandler to stop people from getting all depressed and bitchy.

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
[video=youtube;689O-Txd-jU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=689O-Txd-jU[/video]

Kirby Smart learned the game from $aban. My guess is he will end up at Georgia and in a couple years he will either be a starter or he will be off the team trying to find a place to transfer to.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
It's all just a show these days and a lot of them are such attention whores

Good on Caleb to weigh his options completely though. I wish he wouldn't have jumped into commiting weeks ago, but the emotional rush that he may have had probably sprung the split decision. I'm sure none of the posters bashing his decision have made a rash mistake

teenagers from every generation have been attention whores. It isn't just "kids these days"