Caitlin Clark

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I would say they have a different skill sets. Hard to compare. Both are excellent players.
I agree with you that both are black holes when getting the ball - I think Ashley needs to trust her teammates more quite a lot of times
And both are incredibly important to their respective teams...obviously, given the number of shots they take. The difference is the behavior on the court. One chirps and complains, the other gets back to work.

Take either out, as we saw against Texas, and the team will struggle, no matter how good the rest of the players are.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
And both are incredibly important to their respective teams...obviously, given the number of shots they take. The difference is the behavior on the court. One chirps and complains, the other gets back to work.

Take either out, as we saw against Texas, and the team will struggle, no matter how good the rest of the players are.
The Texas game may be a blessing. Hopefully, it was a wake up call to our other ladies that we need to have plans for those type of situations. Will Ashley be here next year? Could be an opportunity to expose ourselves to ourselves and work on some deficiencies.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
So she's basically like every other male and female basketball player when she's driving to the hoop?
I think that would be called more often than not in the men's games. But if the whistle doesn't blow, it must not be a foul.

CY9395

Jun 7, 2010
My daughter is the same age and knows what girls who played with her then. The word was her attitude was bad and was not one that got along with teammates.

Also, she played for all iowa attack, so bill had a heck of a scouting report on her for recruiting decisions.

i can tell you at Dowling she was a disaster (whining, swearing and full of drama) and a terrible teammate but the girls did respect her. Though bottom line she Couldn’t win the big ones, her selfish play and terrible coaching kept them from getting to State her final high school season.

Reactions: Drew0311

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
i can tell you at Dowling she was a disaster (whining, swearing and full of drama) and a terrible teammate but the girls did respect her. Though bottom line she Couldn’t win the big ones, her selfish play and terrible coaching kept them from getting to State her final high school season.
Doesn't surprise me. I went to an Iowa Cubs game this summer and she was signing autographs. She was suppose to be at her booth until 5:30. We get there at 5:15 and she's still signing, my friend goes to use the bathroom first before he was going to get a ball signed for his daughter. We go back at 5:20 and she's already hightailed it out of there 10 minutes early.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

She didn’t even go to state her senior year? Or didn’t win?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

All true. No arguments here.

That said, if I'm building a team from scratch and I get to pick one, I pick Clark 100 times out of 100.

Reactions: Oleclone

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
She's very talented. Seems like she has a green light (from the coaches) on anything she'd like to do on the offensive end. However, as previously mentioned, she's a ball hog, continually clears out with the left arm, and is a WHINER. Over many years of attending ISU women's games, I don't recall any of our players whining. Whining seems to be a trademark of U of IA women's basketball.
LIke Bluder Queen LaBeefa whiner

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
She didn’t even go to state her senior year? Or didn’t win?
Dowling Catholic was upset in the regional final her senior year by Sioux City East. Current ISU women's player Nyamer Diew was on the SC East team that beat them. Diew had 27 in the win for SC East. The game was played at Dowling Catholic. Also, Dowling Catholic never won a state title while she was there.

2017 & 2018 - lost in the first round
2019 - lost in the state semifinals

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Normal compared to the psycho we were blessed with
You have to wonder if his actions played any part in Clark not coming to Ames. It's easy to come up with reason not to want her after the fact but fact is her and Joens would of been the best one-two punch in the country.

Reactions: StClone

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Clark was never going to Iowa State. Surprise was she didn’t go to Notre Dame or one of the other powers. The way they would have played together would have been Joens staying home. And there is some connection between his actions and that not happening. Oh well, Joens has sisters!

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Clark was never going to Iowa State. Surprise was she didn’t go to Notre Dame or one of the other powers. The way they would have played together would have been Joens staying home. And there is some connection between his actions and that not happening. Oh well, Joens has sisters!
It was more likely Clark would join her brother at Iowa State than a Joens girl to go to Iowa. But Bluder had a good way to get her to commit to "Bluder's Shooters"--Clark gets to call the shots literally.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron