Caitlin Clark

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Total waste of her special talents playing for Iowa.....she would have been a national super star had she gone to UConn.

She couldn't shoot a third of the teams shots if she was at UConn. I have no idea what % of the team shots she takes but I thought a third sounded good.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
She's shot 291 shots this year....which is over ONE HUNDRED MORE than the next closest teammate. She's taking 20 shots a game and hitting around 50% so of course she's gonna average 20+ ppg when she's hogging the ball.

Last year she shot 564 shots...200 more than the next closest teammate.

Shocking! :oops:

Joens shot almost 200 (183) times more than the next highest Cyclone last year.

Bridget Carleton's senior year she shoot the ball 223 times more than the next Cyclone.

Ball hogs? Not.

Best player on the team? Yup.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
They cover that by saying she's from the metro. I guess you have to be from central Iowa for them to give a **** about you.

Mark this comment and circle back next year. We should expect similar coverage to be given to Tamin Lipsey then

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
If he's an all American i guarantee it.
Tamin did play on U16 Team USA after freshman year, so he was on the path towards All-american. Tyrese haliburton was on the U19 Team before being drafted in the lottery

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
I quit listening to Murph and Andy the week of our bowl game! They had a questionnaire asking if you had a choice would you rather have Iowa State win there bowl game, have the men's team beat Baylor, or I don't care the Cyclones suck anyway! Who does this, they sure wouldn't do that with the Hawkeyes! Btw, Murph was not on the show that day, only Andy & Andrew Downs! Now the only sports that I listen to is the Fanatics, and only when Chris or Jared are on!

They explain these answers. They’re supposed to weed out the Hawkeye fans in the poll since they wouldn’t want either one. But I’ve seen them put out similar questions about the Hawkeyes without the “out” question, so your complaint isn’t unwarranted.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Catlin signed an NIL with HyVee in October. Haven't seen any promos yet. Take the money and run?

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
She's very talented. Seems like she has a green light (from the coaches) on anything she'd like to do on the offensive end. However, as previously mentioned, she's a ball hog, continually clears out with the left arm, and is a WHINER. Over many years of attending ISU women's games, I don't recall any of our players whining. Whining seems to be a trademark of U of IA women's basketball.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
She's got talent and ability, for sure. Would I want to cheer for her? Oh no.

So glad she didn't come to ISU.

Can't compare her to Joens or Carleton.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
An excellent player, no doubt. Don’t like the whining.

IIRC, one poster mentioned that during the official visit, there was no chemistry among her and the Cyclone players.
A friend whose family has a close connection with EIU basketball mentioned that she is “quite high maintenance”. I wonder this might be the main reason that she ends up going to EIU.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
An excellent player, no doubt. Don’t like the whining.

IIRC, one poster mentioned that during the official visit, there was no chemistry among her and the Cyclone players.
A friend whose family has a close connection with EIU basketball mentioned that she is “quite high maintenance”. I wonder this might be the main reason that she ends up going to EIU.
My daughter is the same age and knows what girls who played with her then. The word was her attitude was bad and was not one that got along with teammates.

Also, she played for all iowa attack, so bill had a heck of a scouting report on her for recruiting decisions.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
With Bueckers out with the knee, Clark is the best player in the country. Fennelly wanted her badly, just like every other coach, up until she chose Iowa. And for good reason - he's not dumb.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Many here won't like this, but she has way more talent than Ashley.

And cmon...both are black holes when the get the ball. Hardly pass or run offense. I honestly wince half the time Ashley tries to plow through and throw a shot up.

I would say they have a different skill sets. Hard to compare. Both are excellent players.
I agree with you that both are black holes when getting the ball - I think Ashley needs to trust her teammates more quite a lot of times

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron