BYU's Austin ejected last night

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I kind of like BYU because every player has a specific thing going on and easy nickname:

Bald spot Italian guy who never misses a shot
Ivan Drago
Mullet
German foot soldier from every WWII movie
Guy who falls down on purpose every play (Austin)
The black guy

Your movie s c r i p t has been way over done. You are never going to sell this to a studio.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Dear Mr. Holmoe,
It was shameful to see the behavior exhibited last night by the BYU basketball team and specifically Nate Austin. Throwing elbows with the intent to strike and possibly cause an injury to an opposing player has no place in the game of college basketball. Mr. Austin should be suspended for the remainder of the season if not banned for life from ever playing basketball again. I think Mr. Austin's actions justify the BYU faithful (yourself included) to reach out and encourage Ron Baker, his family, and Wichita State University to proceed with legal action against Mr. Austin for this unprovoked assault. This kind of "thug" behavior is not acceptable in a civilized society and you should be ashamed for allowing this to happen under your watch. Mr. Rose your coach should also be suspended for the remainder of the season for encouraging this "thug" behavior as he received a technical foul which will only encourage his players to act this way in the future. A public apology needs to be made by Mr. Austin and the university for this shameful act.
As the scripture tells us... "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Apparently this is a lesson that needs to be taught again to the BYU faithful.

Sincerely,

To send or not to send... that is the question.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Dear Mr. Holmoe,
It was shameful to see the behavior exhibited last night by the BYU basketball team and specifically Nate Austin. Throwing elbows with the intent to strike and possibly cause an injury to an opposing player has no place in the game of college basketball. Mr. Austin should be suspended for the remainder of the season if not banned for life from ever playing basketball again. I think Mr. Austin's actions justify the BYU faithful (yourself included) to reach out and encourage Ron Baker, his family, and Wichita State University to proceed with legal action against Mr. Austin for this unprovoked assault. This kind of "thug" behavior is not acceptable in a civilized society and you should be ashamed for allowing this to happen under your watch. Mr. Rose your coach should also be suspended for the remainder of the season for encouraging this "thug" behavior as he received a technical foul which will only encourage his players to act this way in the future. A public apology needs to be made by Mr. Austin and the university for this shameful act.
As the scripture tells us... "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Apparently this is a lesson that needs to be taught again to the BYU faithful.

Sincerely,

Is that more or less what they sent Pollard? If/when I get the time I'd lean toward just rewording what they sent or rewording their own student paper drivel. I think I might hit the student newspaper direction because it seems the "email pollard" approach is covered.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Dear Mr. Holmoe,

Sincerely,

Send it. It's great for overly sensitive people to be taught what gigantic idiots they are when the hypocrisy is this obvious.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Your movie s c r i p t has been way over done. You are never going to sell this to a studio.

They will green light it when they hear that this is just Nic Cage's supporting cast in my caper movie. Nobody could resist that. It's optional if the studios want his crew to be Mormon or not...but the black guy must remain morman because it's part of his comic relief angle.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Wow - Wichita State looks good. Same physical mentality as last year. They are fortunate to have Marshall remain there as head coach.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
@Rabbuk > I'm guessing that email won't get past some administrative asst. Interesting letter not sure if you were serious or not. Not to be the grammar police but I would of replaced "brutal" with "damaging" and "eject" maybe "suspend" ? but I see you were trying to get a specific point across in response to their fans after the ISU-BYU game regarding how physical we were.

Found some interesting responses from sportsgrid.com after showing a video of the BYU-ISU game. Pretty funny some of the comments about us.

"The Good Lord didn't bless us with our eyes, just so they could be gouged out by street thugs from Iowa State."

"Okay, Johnson above is obviously a baiter. He is almost certainly not a BYU fan. I was at the game. The poke looked bad. Heaven only knows whether the Iowa kid did it on purpose. If he did, he may be a terrible human being. If he didn't, he still deserved the flagrant 2. Either way, there is no place for hate speech like "johnson" is throwing out."

"Iowa State is collectively the dirtiest bunch of thugs I've ever seen in College Basketball.This punk should never play basketball again."

"Iowa State...Thugs of College basketball. Proud of yourself, are you?"

"BYU fan: I didn't think the eye poke was on purpose until I saw the Iowa States expression when he was kicked out of game. Zero remorse and slapping hands and smiling. What a tool. Suspension for multiple games should be the minimum penalty."

Eric Mika Gets Poked In Eye (VIDEO) | BYU Basketball vs. ISU | SportsGrid

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Memo to BYU...

This doesn't look like basketball. Those damn BYU thugs were assaulting this poor kid. This could be considered a hate crime and in Missouri that is a Class D felony. BYU = Thug U

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
If God allowed Austin to throw an elbow then it was meant to be. God's will cannot be questioned.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
If God allowed Austin to throw an elbow then it was meant to be. God's will cannot be questioned.

God wanted to teach these BYU morons a lesson in humility. They passed their unfair judgement on the "king of thugs" Kane and now they must do the same to their "holy warrior" Austin.

Then again... they will probably just judge Ron Baker as a sinner and Austin's elbow was an extension of God's will that Ron Baker be struck down for his evil ways. Anything they can do to justify their teams thuggish behavior.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Wow - Wichita State looks good. Same physical mentality as last year. They are fortunate to have Marshall remain there as head coach.

they just gave him a $750k raise and he now makes $1.75M per with a rolling 7 year deal. that's how you keep a coach.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Austin was also the player who had several epic flops against us, that surprisingly the home court refs didn't even fall for.
One of my favorite players ever was one of the pioneer experts in acrobatic flops. Elvin Hayes, if I remember his name correctly. In fact after all these years it is really the only thing I remember about him since I watched him growing up. I just remember that I respected the dramatic effect of his flops. Good flops can get you a job after basketball in action movies. One should never sniff at expert floppers. That guy from BYU was just bad. I would have pulled his scholarship since he is only good for scrubbing floors.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron