BYU's Austin ejected last night

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Curious what the "journalist " who called ISU bullies had to write afterward

I am sure he was complaining about the officiating. You know... Mika threw an intentional elbow in Hogue's face and Hogue got called for a foul somehow. I am positive this d-bag is complaining that the Wichita State player should have been called for the foul for attacking Austin's elbow with his face.

I wouldn't suspect that he wrote that BYU played dirty from start to finish or that Rose (BYU coach) acted thuggish when he was yelling at the officials and got T'ed up.

My hope is that he didn't write anything... because he was fired after that hatchet job piece he wrote after ISU beat BYU.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
You own an island off the coast of Kuwait? If you're in with the middle east, why you complaining about mods and not just using the hidden WMDs?

No, no, no... I'm pretty sure Kubbar is a name of German descent and means "whale's vagina."

Sincerely,

images

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Apparently throwing elbows is a normal occurrence for Austin. I listened to a bit of the University of San Diego (same conference as BYU) / Southern Illinois game over lunch and the Torrero announcer was talking about Austin and basically said it was no surprise and that the dude threw a bunch of elbows against USD last year.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I didn't see anybody else post about this. BYU's Austin (can't remember his first name) was ejected late in their game with Wichita State last night. If you remember Austin was one of their front court players. He threw an elbow sending Ronny Baker to the ground. If you saw the footage he was winding up for a second swing but Baker was already on the ground. Just thought I'd share this. Hey its a physical sport, **** happens.
By the way Wichita State won by around 10 points. The score doesn't represent how close a game it was. However, BYU couldn't hit anything from the field in the second half. Wichita State plays some good D.

What a bunch of thugs

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
One of my favorite players ever was one of the pioneer experts in acrobatic flops. Elvin Hayes, if I remember his name correctly. In fact after all these years it is really the only thing I remember about him since I watched him growing up. I just remember that I respected the dramatic effect of his flops. Good flops can get you a job after basketball in action movies. One should never sniff at expert floppers. That guy from BYU was just bad. I would have pulled his scholarship since he is only good for scrubbing floors.

I always thought the same thing about Jeff Moe.

CyKrog

Sep 15, 2010
WDM
good move. His college athletic days are obviously over. I would be surprised if somebody doesn't sue him or file criminal assault charges.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
If it's dumb when they do it, it's probably as dumb when we do it.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
They will green light it when they hear that this is just Nic Cage's supporting cast in my caper movie. Nobody could resist that. It's optional if the studios want his crew to be Mormon or not...but the black guy must remain morman because it's part of his comic relief angle.

Vin Diesel would be another great lead man for this movie. Spot on with the comic relief, too. Hoiball is the dreamy villain, I assume?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Went to one of their boards. They're saying almost word for word what we were saying about Kane. It was a flagrant, didn't seem like it was with intent, some debating if be should have been ejected, others saying by the letter of the rule, intent doesn't matter, so forth and so on. Which I find hilarious. I agree it wasn't done with intention, just funny how quickly their attitude changes when the shoe is on the other foot.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I haven't received any response back. Usually they just come right to my door with all the answers...

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Went to one of their boards. They're saying almost word for word what we were saying about Kane. It was a flagrant, didn't seem like it was with intent, some debating if be should have been ejected, others saying by the letter of the rule, intent doesn't matter, so forth and so on. Which I find hilarious. I agree it wasn't done with intention, just funny how quickly their attitude changes when the shoe is on the other foot.

Yeah, kind of like how we hated Elijah Johnson last year and don't care about Ejim flipping off the crowd.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron