Brackins in Rivals Power rankings

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
That's my concern, as well. If he keeps up his near 20 and 10 pace he's on, I can't blame him. McDermott can't afford Brackins to leave. If you thought the Wes Johnson thing was huge, this would be a nuclear bomb. You have to make sure he's here next year, whatever it takes....

Agree. If CB leaves after this year, GMAC will never pull ISU out it's tailspin.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ive been watching Luke Harangody, and he is easily one of the most overrated players in the nation.

i love knowing that guys like Harangody and Hansborugh (both of whom i HATE) will never make it in the pros.... i love to see overhyped, and undersized players FAIL. see Kevin Love.

The guy averages over 10boards a game, and scores over 20ppg for a top 25 team and he's overrated?...btw, while by your definition Kevin Love may be failing...I sure wish I could "fail" and still make millions of dollars per year doing something I love.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Ive been watching Luke Harangody, and he is easily one of the most overrated players in the nation.

i love knowing that guys like Harangody and Hansborugh (both of whom i HATE) will never make it in the pros.... i love to see overhyped, and undersized players FAIL. see Kevin Love.

Another swing and a miss. Kevin Love was drafted #5, and has been one of the top 5 players from his draft class so far. He's perhaps been better than Beasley even. Plus, he's doing things that don't show up in box scores as much. For instance, he's averaging over 8 and 8 in 22 minutes a game. If he plays 5 more minutes a game, he's at a double-double average. He's #4 in the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes. And his rebounds mean more to his team than other player's rebounds because of his fantastic outlet passing ability.

Last edited:

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
Tried to find anybody like Brackins in last year's draft.

Closest was J.J. Hickson of NC State. He is listed at 6-9 242 and averaged 14.8 and 8.5 as a freshman for a 15 win NC State team. He was drafted #19 in round 1 and is averaging 4 ppg for Cleveland.

Brackins is listed at 6-10 230 and averaging 18.1 and 8.8.

Keep in mind Brackins age-wise is comparable to a junior because of his prep school year. He turned 21 in Oct of 2008.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think Speights, Randolph, Anderson, and even Darrell Arthur drafted at #16 and #14, #21, and #27 are pretty comparable as well.

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Maybe Barnes can get him to stay, so they can play together for one year.:wink:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
That's my concern, as well. If he keeps up his near 20 and 10 pace he's on, I can't blame him. McDermott can't afford Brackins to leave. If you thought the Wes Johnson thing was huge, this would be a nuclear bomb. You have to make sure he's here next year, whatever it takes....

Not comparable at all. WJ left for another team.

This thread is talking about CB leaving for the NBA. No comparison.

Losing him would certainly hurt our chances in '09/'10 - but getting CB to the NBA after 2 years would be a feather in Greg's cap.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
The guy averages over 10boards a game, and scores over 20ppg for a top 25 team and he's overrated?...btw, while by your definition Kevin Love may be failing...I sure wish I could "fail" and still make millions of dollars per year doing something I love.

As college players Harangody, Hansbrough, Love are/were studs. They should be ranked where they are. Just like the Heisman, it doesn't mean you will make a good pro. No way these guys are overrated as college players. And if Love is "failing" right now, sign me up!

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
Harangoudy is a stud... and has been... and I think will do well in the NBA. He's a stronger Mike Dunleavey... he seems to be doing ok. I hope luke does well.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Harangoudy is a stud... and has been... and I think will do well in the NBA. He's a stronger Mike Dunleavey... he seems to be doing ok. I hope luke does well.
but hes only 6'7" or at least thats what they list him. in reality hes probably 6'5"ish.

to me he is a less athletic marcus fizer in terms of NBA potential because his skill involves just bullying smaller guys in the paint. you just arent able to do that in the NBA

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
but hes only 6'7" or at least thats what they list him. in reality hes probably 6'5"ish.

to me he is a less athletic marcus fizer in terms of NBA potential because his skill involves just bullying smaller guys in the paint. you just arent able to do that in the NBA

I agree with Luke being a stud. Luke and Tyler Hansbrough are both great players that I wish we have in the middle. They are quick, tough, and coordinated enough to make plays.

How can they be overrated? Their teams are on top 25 and both of them are averaging good chunk of scoring totals. Don't be a hater because they are good and someone we cant have :(

Last edited:

cyclonemaniac7

Apr 11, 2006

:no: Let me puke now. He is a big ogre who always complains. He can't shoot a fade away. He's just doing well because he is bigger than most guys in college. I hope he gets thrown around in the NBA.

kurimski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I think it'd be crazy for Craig to leave for the NBA. He obviously has the talent but he sure could develop his post moves more, outside shot could be better, along with some other aspects of his game. Another thing is if he wants to be a post in the NBA he should really think about putting on another 20lbs at least. He looks like a stick man out there. I think he'll stay for his junior but after that it's hard to say. He might want to go out on top though. Not many better ways to leave than winning the NCAA Championship your junior year then go pro! :biggrin:

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I think it'd be crazy for Craig to leave for the NBA. He obviously has the talent but he sure could develop his post moves more, outside shot could be better, along with some other aspects of his game. Another thing is if he wants to be a post in the NBA he should really think about putting on another 20lbs at least. He looks like a stick man out there. I think he'll stay for his junior but after that it's hard to say. He might want to go out on top though. Not many better ways to leave than winning the NCAA Championship your junior year then go pro! :biggrin:
Agree. If we can somehow get HB to come here and have CB stay..Our team that year will be pretty damn good.:yes:

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006

Both Harangody and Hansbrough are GREAT GREAT college players. To say they are over-rated makes you look quite foolish.

I love how you "HATE" them...these guys are the epitome of what most ISU fans want - a kid from a relatively small town in the midwest that stays in college for 3 or 4 years and has a very productive career. Personally, I LOVE watching both these guys play...especially Hansbrough...no one ever outworks him on either end of the court.

As for how their games will translate to the pros, a lot will depend on the team they go to. Having said that, I would never bet against Tyler Hansbrough being a solid pro. By the way, Kevin Love is doing quite well as a rookie this year.

Reactions: Clones85'

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
:no: Let me puke now. He is a big ogre who always complains. He can't shoot a fade away. He's just doing well because he is bigger than most guys in college. I hope he gets thrown around in the NBA.

'Gody (I'm sure you hate that nickname) is my favorite non-ISU player right now. He doesn't just bully people in the paint. He has a vast array of post moves he uses. He's a better athlete than he gets credit for. I would love to have a guy like that on our team.

MillerTime

Sep 29, 2008
Ames
I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but if CB wants to excel in the NBA or NCAA for that matter, he has to put on at least 10-15 lbs. of muscle during the upcomng offseason. He's got the skill, he just needs to be able to be more of a force down in the paint, as well as continuing to grab the boards.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but if CB wants to excel in the NBA or NCAA for that matter, he has to put on at least 10-15 lbs. of muscle during the upcomng offseason. He's got the skill, he just needs to be able to be more of a force down in the paint, as well as continuing to grab the boards.
Yeah. Right now he reminds me of Kevin Durant look wise, but Kevin was just amazing. But craig can get there i trust him

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron