Brackins in Rivals Power rankings

hiwhatis

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, IA
i don't think the ncaa's 15th best power forward should even consider entering the draft unless he's a senior. if you think about it, only 60 players are drafted. there are 5 different positions on the court. 60 divided by five is 12. then factor in that the player may or may not be drafted even if he's in the top 8 of his position at the college level. also factoring in international players and it's not even close to a good bet.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I have been watching this the past couple weeks. As of a month ago he was not even in their top 20.

He may only be 15th but he is a better NBA prospect than at least 5 guys ahead of him if not more.

Better NBA prospect than:
Singler
James
Booker
Brockman
Harangody

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
He may only be 15th but he is a better NBA prospect than at least 5 guys ahead of him if not more.

There are a lot of 6'7", 6'8" guys on that list, and the NBA just doesn't draft many of them anymore.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Harangody might be one of the most overrated and overhyped players in all of college basketball.

chengyushen

Apr 7, 2006
I hope Brakins does not move to top 5.

I have been watching this the past couple weeks. As of a month ago he was not even in their top 20.

Better NBA prospect than:
Singler
James
Booker
Brockman
Harangody

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Outside of Wes Unseld and Charles Barkley, height counts for PF in the NBA with so many tall players. 6-7" guys are usually tweeners.

Last edited:

chengyushen

Apr 7, 2006
well, if he does become top 5, likely he will go pro, and next year will be another "rebuilding" year for us..........

Why would you hope that?!! If he does, it's only because he's playing really. really well--and likely that we're winning.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
well, if he does become top 5, likely he will go pro, and next year will be another "rebuilding" year for us..........

That's my concern, as well. If he keeps up his near 20 and 10 pace he's on, I can't blame him. McDermott can't afford Brackins to leave. If you thought the Wes Johnson thing was huge, this would be a nuclear bomb. You have to make sure he's here next year, whatever it takes....

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Who the hell are you watching?
Ive been watching Luke Harangody, and he is easily one of the most overrated players in the nation.

i love knowing that guys like Harangody and Hansborugh (both of whom i HATE) will never make it in the pros.... i love to see overhyped, and undersized players FAIL. see Kevin Love.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
If CB averages around 20 and 10, then he'll be a projected late 1st rounder. That is the talent level, however you want to take that, this year. If he doesn't go this year, then CELEBRATE!!!! Because that'll mean we'll have him through 4 years as well as HB in for his senior year. If that happens....I'm calling for the NC in 2011.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron