Bowlsby a Commish Candidate?

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Guy has a lot of power and very smart--would be good for the conference overall but horrible for ISU. Can't trust a Hawkeye and a former UNI AD. Worst combination ever. ISU-hater extraordinaire

no

h#ll no

The Office- Michael Scott No God No - YouTube

Not considering he left Iowa? How could he be any worse than Beebe? At least Texas isn't able to hand pick the commissioner this time as they had the last 2...with Hatchell and Beebe...of which Beebe interviewed for the job in 96 and considered a serious candidate , but was left out of the top 2 between Hatchell and Bob Frederick....

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I think it can only be a good thing to have an Iowa native in this position, even if he is a UNI and Iowa guy. I very seriously doubt that he'd be out to screw ISU.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I like that Hawk fans won't like it, but he is a power player and won't be another Beebe.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I have a feeling Pollard will be going only one place when the time comes, to bring his career full circle...

If the offer came though, i think he'd have a hard time turning it down. That job is a premier job for an AD.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
If the offer came though, i think he'd have a hard time turning it down. That job is a premier job for an AD.

It is a premier job but given the cost of living in the Bay Area, it may not be a premier job for an AD with a young family with strong Midwest roots plus a child requiring special medical attention.

D

DistrictCyclone

It is a premier job but given the cost of living in the Bay Area, it may not be a premier job for an AD with a young family with strong Midwest roots plus a child requiring special medical attention.

We're all just shooting in the dark by guessing Pollard's ambitions, but having said that, I really get the sense that he gets a lot of value from building a program rather than expanding it. 99% of the growth in ISU athletics over the last 4-5 years is directly attributable to Jamie's efforts, and he's revered for it; I imagine that he'd be hard pressed to find as rewarding of a challenge anywhere else.