Bowlsby a Commish Candidate?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
I would prefer that the candidate be a Big 12 wonk. Bowlsby - no! Some ESPN ****** bag, absolutely no. If Castiglione is the closest thing to Big 12 power broker then maybe. It has to be someone that has POWER!

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I'd pass on Bowlsby. What does he know about negotiating mega TV deals? The only thing he did at iowa was hire Ferentz and watch the money roll in. Not too hard to upgrade facilities when you're getting an extra $20M a season.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I'd pass on Bowlsby. What does he know about negotiating mega TV deals? The only thing he did at iowa was hire Ferentz and watch the money roll in. Not too hard to upgrade facilities when you're getting an extra $20M a season.
I agree. He's always seemed like a giant bag to me.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
No problem with bowlsby. Has overseen a successful athletic department at Stanford. Has strong connections in Pac12 and B10 for possible scheduling arrangements, etc. And has seen firsthand how a powerful commish can steer a conference to heightened profitability and stability. Delaney and Scott have delivered their conferences mega-dollars through a strong executive-type role.

That is what we need. Someone who will develop/demand cohesion.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
That looks like Multtttttmlury

Rirruto?

tumblr_kuctwubJ4O1qa8a9ao1_500.jpg

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
No problem with bowlsby. Has overseen a successful athletic department at Stanford. Has strong connections in Pac12 and B10 for possible scheduling arrangements, etc. And has seen firsthand how a powerful commish can steer a conference to heightened profitability and stability. Delaney and Scott have delivered their conferences mega-dollars through a strong executive-type role.

That is what we need. Someone who will develop/demand cohesion.

He has an $81,000,000 athletic budget at Stanford...so he should be able to be successful. Where has he demonstrated the ability to develop and demand cohesion?

Here's the grade he was given by a local reporter last June:

Here’s how I’d grade him on handling of various topics:

Football: A+
(Football infrastructure changes: A+++)
Men’s basketball: D
Athletic dept. management: C
Fundraising: C-
Pac-10 involvement/leadership: A
Overall: B (Because football is so important.)
Deserving of contract extension? Yes.

One man's opinion of course, but not exactly earth shattering...

Stanford athletics: The curious case of Bob Bowlsby … is no longer so curious | College Hotline

Last edited:

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Guy has a lot of power. Could probably do a lot worse

Guy has a lot of power and very smart--would be good for the conference overall but horrible for ISU. Can't trust a Hawkeye and a former UNI AD. Worst combination ever. ISU-hater extraordinaire

no

h#ll no

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ"]The Office- Michael Scott No God No - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: