Boston Sweet Sixteen 2024 Roll Call

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I also started a new thread related to Scores as the CF hangout location.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
I was told by the Alumni Association employee who took my pictures for the spring issue of “The Iowa Stater”.
I thought I recognized the name, but I couldn’t place it. I just got my Iowa Stater and read the fan article. Very cool. Even cooler is your dedicated fandom even during what might be called some pretty lean years in football. Kudos!

I also thought it was cool that the article mentioned Cyclone Fanatic’s t-shirt: “We’re not Cyclone fans because it’s easy. We’re Cyclone fans because it’s awesome.”

kl106

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2012
Does anyone know how reliable Uber may be after the game? It’s been hit or miss at other arenas and this is my first time in Boston.

Lexclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Does anyone know how reliable Uber may be after the game? It’s been hit or miss at other arenas and this is my first time in Boston.
Where will you be heading to? I ask because getting something in and around Bosto/Cambridge should be pretty easy. If you are heading to the burbs, that could be a little more difficult.

Uber is pretty reliable in Boston though.

Edit: Also, get a Lyft account. Double your shots on goal.

Reactions: 2122

kl106

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2012
Where will you be heading to? I ask because getting something in and around Bosto/Cambridge should be pretty easy. If you are heading to the burbs, that could be a little more difficult.

Looking at the team hotel- so not the burbs! Sounds like it shouldn’t be an issue to grab a Uber/Lyft.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Looking at the team hotel- so not the burbs! Sounds like it shouldn’t be an issue to grab a Uber/Lyft.

It's 1.8 miles from TD Garden to the Westin Seaport. Is the walk safe? During the day? Even at night?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Got my tickets for a decent deal I think. All sessions for a bit less than $800 after fees and this is my view according to the TD Garden site.

1711514564348.png

Needless to say...

the-big-short-jacked.gif

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Got my tickets for a decent deal I think. All sessions for a bit less than $800 after fees and this is my view according to the TD Garden site.

View attachment 126409

Needless to say...

the-big-short-jacked.gif

That's similar to where I sat for the Big 12 championship - I prefer that to upper deck sides which were similarly priced when I purchased. At least for a big postseason game, it's nice to feel the energy of the whole place, even if the view of the other end isn't the best.

Lexclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
It's 1.8 miles from TD Garden to the Westin Seaport. Is the walk safe? During the day? Even at night?
The walk shouldn’t be a problem at all. The Westin is in the Seaport area which is a very new area (used to be docks and warehouses sinking into the earth) has a lot of high-end hotels, apartment buildings, and office buildings. Expensive and new.

From The Garden you could walk on the Greenway (a “park”, under which runs interstate 93 the construction project was called the Big Dig (93 used to be elevated not tunneled)) south. Then a left on Seaport Boulevard. Both are well traveled, lighted, and looked after.

I would have no problem with the walk, but I think the rain is supposed to be steady Thursday to Friday.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
The walk shouldn’t be a problem at all. The Westin is in the Seaport area which is a very new area (used to be docks and warehouses sinking into the earth) has a lot of high-end hotels, apartment buildings, and office buildings. Expensive and new.

From The Garden you could walk on the Greenway (a “park”, under which runs interstate 93 the construction project was called the Big Dig (93 used to be elevated not tunneled)) south. Then a left on Seaport Boulevard. Both are well traveled, lighted, and looked after.

I would have no problem with the walk, but I think the rain is supposed to be steady Thursday to Friday.
Is there a particular restaurant that's "must do" in Boston. Haven't been there in almost 20 years and I was a youngin that had no say in the matter back then.

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
Is there a particular restaurant that's "must do" in Boston. Haven't been there in almost 20 years and I was a youngin that had no say in the matter back then.
There's a bunch of good tips for Boston-bound fanatics in this thread:

Lexclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
If you like Italian, then check out the North End. So many and they’re good, plus you can head to Mike’s pastry for a cannoli.

Union Oyster House is historic and OK. The Barking Crab for seafood is also at the head of the Seaport District. It is chaotic but good fried seafood and lobster. Legal Seafood are more ubiquitous and maybe even franchised now, but their seafood is good.

If you are staying near or around the team hotel (the Seaport) there are a ton of restaurants from high end steak (don’t bother with steak in MA if you are from around Iowa, access to good meat out here is minimal) to Greek to Seafood.

That said Union Oysterhouse, Barking Crab, or a North End Italian place would be my recommendation.

Hope this helps. If not, I can think some more.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO

Faneuil Hall Marketplace has a lot of good options for a food hall if you're looking for a lot of options in one area. I suggest getting a Lobster Roll.

Mar 21, 2021

Sometimes Uber and Lyft rate for same trip far apart.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron