Boston Sweet Sixteen 2024 Roll Call

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Whelp, work gave me the go ahead, but the girlfriend and I decided to hold off flying to Boston in hopes that we make it to Phoenix. We're ready to go to Phoenix (knock on wood). Let's do this, Cyclones!

Reactions: NWICY and conmebol

conmebol

Apr 11, 2006
If we make it to Phoenix, I'm also planning on going.

I probably can fly on Friday to Boston if we get through Illinois.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
I really, really want to go, but Thursday my wife and I are doing our IVF transfer so obviously I need to be home :) Hoping Thursday is a spectacular day all around.

I could possibly hop on a plain to see them in the élite 8, if we make it.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I really, really want to go, but Thursday my wife and I are doing our IVF transfer so obviously I need to be home :) Hoping Thursday is a spectacular day all around.

Ehh, get 'em ready the day before and put them on ice. After that, it's something else going into your wife, not you:)

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Where is everyone staying? Canceled my original hotel because we got the super late tip so I'm flying in Thursday instead. Now looking at my options.

Brookcyde

Aug 29, 2012
Why would you put a game in Boston at 10pm when two of the other games that day are in California.
And the first game in LA starts at 4 local time. Makes no sense for the PT game to be starting 30 min. before the corresponding game in the ET.

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
And the first game in LA starts at 4 local time. Makes no sense for the PT game to be starting 30 min. before the corresponding game in the ET.

The first games always start around 6 pm and second game 8 pm CDT regardless of time zone, This is how it has been for a while and has nothing to do with local time but entirely for TV schedule. Looks like on game starts around 6 and the other one starts around 6:30, so the best you do is shift the games 1/2 hour

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
We started games in Salt Lake City at 10:45 AM local and games in Pittsburgh at 10:15 PM local on Saturday.

It just is what it is. This is where TV wanted it.

Young guys in the shape of their lives, the tip time doesn't really matter.

Brookcyde

Aug 29, 2012
We all going to be zombies Friday morning.
First game starts at 6:39 CT. Unless they cut the length of commercial breaks (Ha!) it won't end until 8:54 or so CT. Which means start time for our game closer to 9:30 CT. Which means for the players the game will end between 12:30 and 1 am ET.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Yikes, starting after 10pm east coast time? I wonder what goes into player prep this week to adjust for that
My east coast son had found some tickets but thought this plus a 3-4 hour drive and work event he couldn’t miss on Friday was prohibitive. Has multiple friends in Boston he can stay with. Is pondering getting Saturday tickets and hoping for the best.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Where is everyone staying? Canceled my original hotel because we got the super late tip so I'm flying in Thursday instead. Now looking at my options.

Check with @thisISnextyear.

He's got some very good rates at nearby hotels. He helped out a ton of folks in Memphis and now is doing the same in Boston.

Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

IVF transfer? Technically you've already done your part, unless your the doc. :eek::D:p
(Really was looking for winking emoji)

Good luck on Thursday!

• Friendly
Reactions: RedlineSi and Jer

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
IVF transfer? Technically you've already done your part, unless your the doc. :eek::D:p
(Really was looking for winking emoji)

Good luck on Thursday!
Glad he is supportive in case there is cramping or pain, as well as anxiety