Blake Hinson to Miss 2020-21 Season

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Gotta get Solo out of the lineup if we are going to have a conversation about competing. Need, need, need foster to develop a ton and conditt to snap reverse course.

Would absolutely be a home run if Blake could be the stretch 4 we saw Dustin Hogue become

Agree, next year should be the focus now. A front court of Hinson, Dubar, Foster and Conditt (if he can find the “it” that has been missing) will compete well. Keep playing Dubar, Foster good min this year, hopefully George can find a level 2.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Actually i was thinking the SDSU and Kstate games with Hinson and Tre would be W's...Look how ISU lost Kstate game..on the boards and their bigs killed us.
That freshman F of theirs was a goon. Not going to be fun watching him hack our players for 4 years.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think on a NCAA tournament team he needs to be the 3rd or 4th best player.
He's good enough to be a #2 IMO. He's really good

I bet Bolton could be the best player on an NCAA tournament team — maybe not more than a low seed just off the bubble, but in the tournament nonetheless. It would require a pretty strong supporting cast, but you could do it.

If Bolton is your second-best guy, then you should be competitive. We *should* have been last year with Haliburton and Bolton as Batman and Robin, but the supporting cast was just so bad. Assuming Hunter is good, Bolton is back, Hinson shows up, and Foster develops, we might not completely suck next year.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Seconding this and adding we really underrate Bolton. He’s really good. He’s an absolute monster. We wouldn’t have won a game at this point without him.

The thing is, we need HIM to realize this too. The guy gets taken out of the game way to easy. His numbers are even more impressive when you realize how streaky he is. We've seen glimpses of him being dominant but he hasn't really figured out how to take games over. It's crazy how quiet his 15/5/5 has been this year.

Reactions: Sigmapolis