Biggest NFL Busts Last 5-10 Years

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Christian Ponder was a disaster, but he married a hottie... so not a complete waste.
As a Viking fan, Ponder is the top bust in my book. Laquon Treadwell, Mike Hughes, and Jeff Gladney (RIP) all receiving votes. Garrett Bradbury was also the Center on some of the worst Vikings O-Lines that I can remember. Vikings whiffed on a lot of 1st rounders under Zimmer and Spielman

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Who was the QB for Ohio State when they won the NCG in 2014? I remember him burning brightly for a short time, then thinking he was too good for college football and then never amounting to anything in the NFL.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Christian Ponder was a disaster, but he married a hottie... so not a complete waste.

Look wise no, but she just seems so fake and know about as much as her husband does about football, hence why he falls into the bust category. I wish Laura Rutledge was on NFL countdown over her.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Jalen Reagor and Kadarius Toney from the last couple years. Both were drafted as first round recievers and have had minimal impact.

I think Reagor is so bad he's returning punts for the Vikings and Toney can't get reps over guys I've never heard of.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Don’t get me started on QBs from elite college programs. No way in hell I’d ever draft one.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Basically just search the Raiders recent draft history:

Ruggs- Jail
Damon Arnette-- Out of the League
Alex Leatherwood-- Released after his rookie year
File Sebastian Janakoswki number 17 overall as one of the dumbest picks in NFL history too. JaMarcus Russell was a big bust as well. Raiders and Al Davis made some horrible draft decisions over the years.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
File Sebastian Janakoswki number 17 overall as one of the dumbest picks in NFL history too. JaMarcus Russell was a big bust as well. Raiders and Al Davis made some horrible draft decisions over the years.
And even with the Raiders drafting SJ in the first round, the Raiders have made a superbowl since thatwhile the Vikings have not, lol.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
What I had heard about Samantha that she is quite the opposite of fake. She would always make sure CP was being nice and friendly to kids when at places like the grocery store and such.
Yeah, she always seemed friendly when on the ISU sideline.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Farther back than 10...Biggest of all time, Robert Gallery?

8 Years and battles injuries?

Personally I tend to not give someone a 'bust' label unless they overhyped themselves or kept screwing up outside of the sport and flamed out.

Manzel is the ultimate bust imo.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Kind of but the reason he was 16 instead of 3 was people knew the risks well. Nobody outside ISU fans is going to be taking about #16 picks in a list of all time busts. They’ll be talking about the Odens and Darkos.
I'm pretty sure that a player who is drafted just outside the lottery and has career stats that qualify him for Club Trillion (3 games, 3 minutes and no stats) is a bust and a big one at that no matter how you spin it.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron