Best X-Mas present you got as a kid?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Nice!

Did anyone get the GI Joe aircraft carrier? it was pretty sweet. I did not.

Or maybe Omega Supreme? That was huge.:smile:

No I wanted the carrier. I wanted Snake Mountain as well. Santa is no good.

Wallruss64

Feb 5, 2009
Monticello, IA
It wasn't when I was a kid but a couple of years ago my brother knew Aaron Brandt and he had him get a Devin Hester autograph. It was the best thing I've ever gotten I think. My uncle also got me a Hester jersey the same Christmas. It was a good year.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I always wanted the Lego Monorail when I was a kid, but never got it. :sad: I did get the next best Lego set one year though, the Mega Core Magnetizer.

6989-1.jpg

I did become friends with a kid initially just because he had the Monorail though, and 20 years later he's still one of my best friends.

I got that same thing! (Not the Monorail even though I always wanted it). I tricked that thing out and added a sweet landing pad for a hover plane I made. Just awesome. Come to think of it, I think I know where all of my Legos are...If you dont hear from me, you know where I am. :yes:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Nice!

Did anyone get the GI Joe aircraft carrier? it was pretty sweet. I did not.

We did. And it was awesome. :smile:

It was from "Santa". Later, our parents said they were up most of the night on Xmas eve putting it together.

That, a Casio keyboard, and an SNES were probably my favorites.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
We did. And it was awesome. :smile:

It was from "Santa". Later, our parents said they were up most of the night putting it together.

That, a Casio keyboard, and an SNES were probably my favorites.

Cool. I remember seeing it at Sears. It was over $100 at the time I think.

S

st8

super nintendo, for whatever reason we played the Aladdin game all Christmas day?? :confused:

MonsterBack

Sep 7, 2008
Parts Unknown
My top 3:
football.jpg

My dad ripped it open and removed the speaker on my new electronic football game before we got to New Years Eve.

35665b71a2387312bb098865d9d8b891.jpg

This thing lasted for years. Long after Evel's hands fell off to expose the wire skeleton under the rubber.

8trackorangebutton2.jpg

Portable 8 track so that I could listen to the Doors while working in the barn. The stylish shoulder strap wore out and was replaced to bailing twine