Best Fight Stoppages

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
With last night's Anthony Pettis KO of Benson Henderson, featuring a never before seen (by these eyes anyway) running-trampoline-jump-off-the-cage-spinning-side-kick-to-the-face move, it got me to thinking about some of the best KO's, or stoppages, I've ever seen.

The above mentioned move was pretty sweet, but I'm not sure how it stacks up to some of these:

- Spencer Fisher's flying knee to the face of a cocking off Matt Wiman. If you haven't seen it, look it up. It's devastating and hilarious all in one. This might be my all-time favorite KO, but the next one might nudge it...

- Dan Henderson's crow hop over hand right, followed by the body slam fist hammer to the totally exposed face of the now completely out Michael Bisping. Absolute destruction.

Those are two of my favorites. What does everyones else have, and not just UFC/WEC either.

- Julio Cesar Chavez vs. Meldrick Taylor

- Roy Jones Jr. vs a multitude of lesser fighters

- Chuck Liddell's KO of Babalu Sobral

- Gabriel Gonzalez leg kick vs. Mirko Cro Cop

- Submissions?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Hagler versus Hearnes. Funniest knockout ever. If you check out around the 1:45 mark, Hagler hits him with a punch and Hearnes does this weird loping run that instantly told you that no one was home.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQAqF_de61E]YouTube - Marvin Hagler Knockouts[/ame]

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Trevor Berbick vs. Mike Tyson was my favorite.

Roy Jones Jr. knocking that dude out with one arm behind his back

Cro Cop vs. Gonzaga

Bj Penn vs Caol Uno when Penn just ran out of the ring after he knocked him out in 11 seconds

Vitor Belfort vs. Wanderley Silva

Rashad Evans vs. Sean Salmon

Pete Williams vs. Mark Coleman

Buster Douglas vs. Mike Tyson. Tyson trying to put in his mouthpeice.

That kick last night was freakin crazy. My wife just put her hands over her mouth in shock it was so awesome. Gotta give it to Henderson though. Kid did not quit after that.

HawkFanISUalum

May 17, 2009
Iowa City, IA
This one's my favorite.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d0jCLtHA1Y]YouTube - Legarette Blount (Oregon) Punching Byron Hout (Boise State) - College Football[/ame]

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Corrales/Castillo 1, both guys just spent, standing in the middle of the ring trading punches at the end Rocky style. Best fight I've ever seen.

Or once when I was in the bar on 6th street in Austin, there was a UT football player/bouncer there that came striding up when a fight broke out, and he wound up his arm, swung it like a windmill, and just dropped a wrecking ball in the middle of this dudes back that blew him off his feet. The most unreal hit I've ever seen landed. Dude didn't even see it coming and then they just drug him outside. Crazy.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Jeremy Stephens.... an Iowa kid with one hell of an uppercut.... LIGHTS OUT BABY!!!!

jeremy-stephens_rafael-dos-anjos.gif

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Jeremy Stephens.... an Iowa kid with one hell of an uppercut.... LIGHT OUT BABY!!!!

Nice punch. However, not even close to being a top fight. I saw him at Tasty tacos a few weeks back. Pretty funny.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Nice punch. However, not even close to being a top fight. I saw him at Tasty tacos a few weeks back. Pretty funny.

I didn't say it was a top fight. It was one hell of a finishing punch though as you rarely ever see a guy wind one up like that and actually land that sucker. He hit the guy so hard I think his feet may have left the ground. :yes:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Tyson v Spinks

That was the day I first became frightened of Tyson.

Stuff I'll never forget from that:
1) Prefight inspection, when Tyson's gloves were put on before Spinks' crew got there, so they had him redo them. He showed them his anger by punching a wall. The HBO crew showed the hole, and it was almost man-sized. For some reason, Spinks' people told him about it.

2) During the national anthem, Tyson spent the whole song in an icy glare towards Spinks. You could actually see the fear in Spinks' eyes, and he looked to be physically shaking at what was about to happen.

That's the day I also became frightened of him as a fighter. But it made the day he had in Tokyo with Buster Douglas that much better.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Stuff I'll never forget from that:
1) Prefight inspection, when Tyson's gloves were put on before Spinks' crew got there, so they had him redo them. He showed them his anger by punching a wall. The HBO crew showed the hole, and it was almost man-sized. For some reason, Spinks' people told him about it.

2) During the national anthem, Tyson spent the whole song in an icy glare towards Spinks. You could actually see the fear in Spinks' eyes, and he looked to be physically shaking at what was about to happen.

That's the day I also became frightened of him as a fighter. But it made the day he had in Tokyo with Buster Douglas that much better.

Speaking of which.....I seem to remember some epic kill cams that featured CycloneErik. I suppose that could be considered a fight stoppage:twitcy:

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Chuck Johnson vs. witless Hawk fan entering Jack Trice Stadium circa 2006. Boom goes the dynamite.

Holy ****, I remember this one. It didn't have the large pay-per-view audience most of the others mentioned have, but this was one hell of a stoppage. No better way to describe it either.

I'm not usually a proponent this kind of "non-sanctioned" fighting (if you look back through brocks posts, he sure is though), but this one was awesome. Fist-face-head-floor.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron