Battle's BBQ

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Power

Mar 22, 2014
I know Kum and Go is moving to it's location in Campus town, is it currently still open?

cyflier

Apr 13, 2006
Ate there last week, still open for now. I heard they are looking for a new location.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just curious--how much of the block is Kum & Go swallowing? Not just the old Hardees, I take it? The old Post Office and the former t-shirt shop too, I'm guessing?

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Just curious--how much of the block is Kum & Go swallowing? Not just the old Hardees, I take it? The old Post Office and the former t-shirt shop too, I'm guessing?

When was there a Hardee's in Campustown?

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
Not sure on time but if you look in the parking lot of Battles/What use to be the Keg shop I think there is still a really old rusted sign on a fence or pole that has Hardee's on it. Completely pointless post I know, but I was surprised to see it when I did.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Unfortunately the Hardee's was gone before my time in campus town. I find it hard to understand why they struggle so much. I've always thought Hardee's was head and shoulder above the competition of fast food chain restaurants.

cowboyhoy

Sep 19, 2009
Grundy Center
yup think it closed in 93. Then the keg shop moved there. Used to eat there after all the hose parties up the street. THen bought quite a few kegs for other parties. it was closer than when the keg hop was out west in the colorado shopping mall.