BASKETBALL RECRUITING: Former MSU G Korie Lucious to visit this weekend

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Who are we to turn down solid bball player from another BCS powerhouse team?

I say go for it if we have enough space/scholarship.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
I'm not so high on Ejim but I do think he will start/play more minutes than Booker in some cases depending on the matchup.

Booker is more of 4. Ejim is 3. They won't be fighting for minutes. Ejim will be so much better if he actually gets to play 3, rather than forced to play 4.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Who are we to turn down solid bball player from another BCS powerhouse team?

I say go for it if we have enough space/scholarship.

Again, this is my concern, because as of right now, all scholarships are spoken for next season...

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Booker is more of 4. Ejim is 3. They won't be fighting for minutes. Ejim will be so much better if he actually gets to play 3, rather than forced to play 4.
I know all of this but IMO to have the best lineup on the floor we'll need to play three guards most of the time. I think a lot of it will depend on just how good Babb is also.
It's very nice actually having the opportunity to argue about this stuff instead of wondering if we'll have to put football players into the game.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
If the following point has already been made - I apologize because I haven't read all of the responses. I echo concerns about the scholarship situation. However, I view the KL situation in the same way pro teams sign veteran players who have playoff experience, success and a championship ring. KL has been to a place that ISU has never been - the final four. If we as fans ultimately want that - we need players who can get us there and have experience on the biggest stage! I am all for having KL join the team. Hopefully we can get to THE TOURNEY with the talent we are bringing in.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
When was the last time we didn't have someone leave after the season was over? That's the way college basketball is now.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
From what I saw, Korie was let go from the team for being arrested for a DUI. I don't think thats a big deal at all, and doesn't paint him as a bad teammate.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I'm ambivalent about whether or not KL would be a good addition to the team and whether or not it would be worth it to use the scholarship, but it does seem like MSU has certainly hit the skids (and was not playing well before he got kicked off) after he left the team.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
McKnight just scored and got 2 rebounds in the colorado game, how could he do that and be redshirted at the same time lol?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
if we lose mcknight or railey to transferring, should they really be replaced with yet another guard? I understand that we will be better off next year size wise but we would still be shorthanded in the frontcourt