Bad Bad Bad News... 6 Big 12 Teams Potentially to Pac Ten

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
I don't know what the future holds, but you stink the place up with Hawkeye arrogance. You act like it is a privledge for the Big Ten to have Iowa and not the other way around. Where would you guys be in all this if you weren't grandfathered in to all of this?

Really? You want to go down that road? Where do you want to start with this.? Iowa's prestige factor or just boil it down to the cents and dollars since this is what the Big 10 expansion is all about. Iowa isn't being grandfathered into anything. First off, I would put Iowa 4th or 5th in prestige in the Big 10, depending on your point of view. It goes OSU, Michigan, PSU and then either Iowa or Wiscy, and if Michigan keeps stinking up the joint bump Iowa up a notch. Iowa isn't just "along for the ride" as you put it. If you want to look at it that way teams like Indiana and Purdue should consider themselves lucky to be in the "new" Big 10.

As far as what this really boils down to, TV money, this is where Iowa is securely locked up. This all boils down to the Big 10 network extorting (yes, I said extorting) cable companies to carry the Big 10 network. It is true that the state of Iowa doesn't carry the largest viewing population in the Big 10 footprint, however, as it stands now we are the only team in this state allowing the Big 10 to force the cable companies to carry the Big 10 network. It's because of the Iowa Hawkeyes the state of Iowa is securely in the Big 10's grasp. If you want to pinpoint stragglers, look at teams like Purdue, Northwestern, or Michigan State. All three of the states those teams occupy already have other universities in them that allow the Big 10 network to force themselves on the cable companies. Iowa is definitely secure in that department too. I don't want to rag on you guys or anything, but trying to say Iowa is just riding the coattails of everybody else in the Big 10 is foolish.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I think tomorrow is a landmark day in ISU history. And not necessarily in a good way. **** is going to hit the fan sooner than we had hoped...and we may be the fan.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Historically, Iowa has, and why would they have to explain anything to anyone?
If we suck and are completely not worthy of even being compared to Iowa in anyway, then why can't you win 80-85% of the competitions between the two? After all we are your little brother, sister, a .MAC school, etc. Pretty simple. I'm not lobbying for ISU to go to the Big 10 or anything.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
What makes me really sick is all the tavern hawks giddy over the potential obliteration of ISU sports on the big stage. I hate Iowa, but have no desire to see them relegated to irrelevance. They should be careful, because the larger conferences get the more volatile they are. Iowa could find themselves on the outside looking in 20 years from now when the really big teams think they need even more money and need to shed some teams. Conference expansion that leaves out ISU should be seen as a tragedy by ALL Iowans, no matter who they cheer for at the bar despite never attending school there.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
If ISU gets one less turnover against Nebrasaka, this game is on the BTN. It's a fine line.

So in other words, Iowa winning a BCS game against an opponent from a conference that had to send SOMEBODY to that game wasn't entirely the reason behind why the Iowa-ISU game will be on ABC this fall, in spite of what every Hawk troll on this site is claiming? Color me shocked...

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
If we suck and are completely not worthy of even being compared to Iowa in anyway, then why can't you win 80-85% of the competitions between the two? After all we are your little brother, sister, a .MAC school, etc. Pretty simple. I'm not lobbying for ISU to go to the Big 10 or anything.

I get that. What it does sound like you're doing is wondering why Iowa doesn't have to lobby the Big 10 to stay.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
What makes me really sick is all the tavern hawks giddy over the potential obliteration of ISU sports on the big stage. I hate Iowa, but have no desire to see them relegated to irrelevance. They should be careful, because the larger conferences get the more volatile they are. Iowa could find themselves on the outside looking in 20 years from now when the really big teams think they need even more money and need to shed some teams. Conference expansion that leaves out ISU should be seen as a tragedy by ALL Iowans, no matter who they cheer for at the bar despite never attending school there.
This, my hate for Iowa runs deep, but in no way would I want to see their sports be destroyed due to the greed of the few.

Legend12

May 9, 2008

Do you ask that people who did not attend ISU not be allowed to donate money to ISU?

ISU has relied quite heavily on donations from people who never attended ISU and yet you act like it is an indictment on the U of Iowa that people support the school who did not go there.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Ask Jon Miller how scared of Texas he is! everytime he thinks of them playing Iowa he has to switch his whitey tighties. And you know that's what he wears.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Well, the way it looks is that Big 10 wouldn't be adding anyone who's really that good (IE Texas), so I'd say Iowa's position isn't really affected good or bad at the moment.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Do you ask that people who did not attend ISU not be allowed to donate money to ISU?

ISU has relied quite heavily on donations from people who never attended ISU and yet you act like it is an indictment on the U of Iowa that people support the school who did not go there.

huh? I am criticizing the ******** who are giddy with joy about the potential of very real permanent harm to the ISU athletics program. Not a lost game or a bad season but the END of relevant athletics. If it was Iowa facing this I would still be sick to my stomach and I can't stand that fan base.

Last edited by a moderator:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Conference expansion that leaves out ISU should be seen as a tragedy by ALL Iowans

Agreed. ISU out is bad in many ways for Iowa. ISU out of a major conference isnt just about athletics either. ISU out of a major conference could hurt ISU as an institution, devaluing the millions (or billions) invested into ISU over the years. Not to mention it will likely decrease out of state enrollment at the same time ISU is trying to increase it, to become more financially sound.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Very true, but even then Iowa still ends up in the Cap1. Seven turnovers against Nebraska, and Timmy Brew gets to outcoach himself against someone else.

It sounds like you're saying that ISU got really lucky to have the season they had. You don't want to go down that road do you? Well, I guess hypocrisy doesn't really phase you, so go for it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron