B12 getting 2 BCS spots?

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Possible, but unlikely. Baylor just doesn't have the name brand (assuming both them and Oklahoma State win out). The ACC has two spots for sure with Clemson/Florida State, the SEC has two for sure because ESPN loves them. Plus Fresno State or NIU will probably get a spot. So for 10 spots that is 9 taken. Leaving only one for a second team from the Pac-12, B1G, or Big XII.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
If OSU and BU can win out, I think the Big 12 has a chance to get two in. Regarding the teams immediately above BU, Auburn has to play #1 Alabama, MU has to play #21 TAMU, Clemson has to play #10 South Carolina, and Stanford has to play #25 ND. There's a good chance that at least one of those teams immediately above BU is going to lose a game. Of course, upsets in the conference championship games can mess up everything.

Last edited:

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
IF they both win out, Okie State, and Baylor will be in the top 10 of the BCS, so yes they should get two BCS spots.

Now, the op is a hawk, so let me just break this down for you, that piece of **** you call a conference will only get one bcs bid, because o$$$$u will beat mich state in the conference title game. And mich state has zero resume without that win.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Possible, but unlikely. Baylor just doesn't have the name brand (assuming both them and Oklahoma State win out). The ACC has two spots for sure with Clemson/Florida State, the SEC has two for sure because ESPN loves them. Plus Fresno State or NIU will probably get a spot. So for 10 spots that is 9 taken. Leaving only one for a second team from the Pac-12, B1G, or Big XII.

Oregon, and Stanford losing that second game killed their chances of getting two.

See big ten being the 4th-6th best conference, and mich st having no resume, unless they beat o$$$$u.

Baylor wins out, and they are in the top 10 of the BCS. Okie State beats OU, and they are in the top 10 also. There is no non corrupted way that they would not both make it.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
IF they both win out, Okie State, and Baylor will be in the top 10 of the BCS, so yes they should get two BCS spots.

Now, the op is a hawk, so let me just break this down for you, that piece of **** you call a conference will only get one bcs bid, because o$$$$u will beat mich state in the conference title game. And mich state has zero resume without that win.

The B10 is probably getting two teams in assuming Wisconsin beats Penn St this weekend. No bowl game is going to pick Baylor over Wisconsin, they need to sell tickets.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Nobody is arguing whether the Big 12 deserves two teams in the BCS. If you really think the Orange Bowl is picking Baylor over Wisconsin, then you haven't been paying attention.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Wisconsin beating a very average Penn State team will not give them a BCS bid with 2 losses IMO. More likely that a high scoring Baylor team with 1 loss and a Top Ten ranking gets the bid. Baylor has gotten a lot of Pub from RGIII and recent success. Wisconsin football is boring.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
The B10 is probably getting two teams in assuming Wisconsin beats Penn St this weekend. No bowl game is going to pick Baylor over Wisconsin, they need to sell tickets.

hawkjack. wisconsin has played exactly TWO teams with a pulse this year, and lost to both. I know I know officials blah blah.

Baylor wins out with wins over TCU who is bad, and UT who is not. They stay in the top 10.

As I said there is no NON CORRUPT way the Big 12 does not get two in if Okie State beats OU, and Baylor wins out.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Wisconsin beating a very average Penn State team will not give them a BCS bid with 2 losses IMO. More likely that a high scoring Baylor team with 1 loss and a Top Ten ranking gets the bid. Baylor has gotten a lot of Pub from RGIII and recent success. Wisconsin football is boring.

They may be boring, but they'll sell more tickets to the Orange Bowl than Baylor can get for a home game.

Again, you're arguing who deserves to go, not who will make the bowl the most money.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
The Orange Bowl is going to want to take the team that will generate the most $$. That would be Wisconsin.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Ugh, more obsessed Iowa/Big 10 nonsense.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010

The question is not about who has a more exciting style of play but rather who is going to travel and put butts in the stands.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

The computer polls love Wisconsin, Sagarin has them 3rd in the country in his Predictor ranking. But more importantly for the BCS bowls, the Wisconsin fanbase will sell a lot more tickets than Baylor.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I would hope that 1 loss Baylor would still get it over 2 loss Wisco. Stranger things have happened though.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
hawkjack. wisconsin has played exactly TWO teams with a pulse this year, and lost to both. I know I know officials blah blah.

Baylor wins out with wins over TCU who is bad, and UT who is not. They stay in the top 10.

As I said there is no NON CORRUPT way the Big 12 does not get two in if Okie State beats OU, and Baylor wins out.
That's the thing though, the BCS is corrupt as it gets.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
The Orange Bowl is going to want to take the team that will generate the most $$. That would be Wisconsin.

Good luck selling TV ads for that game. No one will watch except for a few fans in Madison.