*** ASST. COACH SEARCH THREAD: Wed, June 10th ***

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
The way some of you people judge our coaches and athletes makes me sick.

Alison is from Australia. TJ and have 6-month old twins. Do you know how hard it is to raise twins, especially when you are married to a basketball coach that travels a lot? She has support here. TJ spent nearly a decade here too. Central Iowa is home.

There is more to these HUMAN BEINGS than basketball.

Well, that would require having sex, which usually requires being able to maintain a relationship...so no, I'm guessing a lot of these nattering nabobs of negativity don't know how hard it is to raise twins.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I'm sure it was mostly spin, and he was auditioning for the HC job at that point, but I'm sure there was some truth woven in as well.

Either way, I wish him the best of luck.

For all we know, he may be back some day as our HC if the stars aligned. Doubtful, but possible.

Alison is from Australia. TJ and have 6-month old twins. Do you know how hard it is to raise twins, especially when you are married to a basketball coach that travels a lot? She has support here. TJ spent nearly a decade here too. Central Iowa is home.

I don't think that first quote is that bad of a thing to say; it wasn't malicious or vicious, just skeptical.

That said, as I try to coax my 3rd of three young children to sleep, I agree, being really far from family blows.

Edit: oops, I quoted the wrong post. Oh well.

Last edited:

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Well, that would require having sex, which usually requires being able to maintain a relationship...so no, I'm guessing a lot of these nattering nabobs of negativity don't know how hard it is to raise twins.

Since when?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

That's the part that really sucks for a guy like TJ. Moves back thinking Fred will stick around for a few years, then he is gone and TJ maybe without a job. Granted he will get paid this year, but it still has to be hard on the family.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
You're doing sex wrong.

IsuStu

May 7, 2014
Wesley

I'll second this. My twins turned 8 today and I still cringe when "reminiscing" about the 2:00 am cryfests. The first two years were draining. It would be really insane to intentionally move away from a situation where you have a support staff. Any help at all was a godsend.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
My apologies, gents, I was referring to sex of the intentionally procreational nature, not just bangin some chick. I apologize again for any possible confusion.

:wink:
c76.jpg

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Of course there is. Sorry, but my comment was not meant to judge him as a coach, person, or as a family man, whatsoever. It was in direct response to the previous post that commented as if she was the main or only reason why the return... If that's the case, then lots of threads on here have been misleading. In fact, I hope he's willing to overcome the disappointment of not getting the job, and stay here. But your point is well taken.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Dayuuuuuuuummmmmmm!

proisu

Jan 11, 2008
nowhere

Is that you Steve or did Jonathan hack your account ;)

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I know a couple that are expecting really soon and have decided to move 8 hours away from both sets of grandparents due to a job opportunity. They have no idea how stupid of an idea that was.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Is Alison's family still in Australia?

And T.J.'s parents are in Iowa?

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Good point. Do they have family here? I'm laughing thinking back to when he took the job when all you people were saying it was probably so that Fred and Carol could help with the kids and teach them how to be parents.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron