Assault charge on Steichen dismissed

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
That's some creative interpretation. But hey we're up to 19 posts in this thread now! Only 150 or so to go and it'd be like it was an Iowa player!

If you get your hawk friends to join in more, like they do in a thread about Iowa players. Then it will hit 150 posts.

If there were no hawk posts on CF, the threads about Iowa players would be under 20.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
If you get your hawk friends to join in more, like they do in a thread about Iowa players. Then it will hit 150 posts.

If there were no hawk posts on CF, the threads about Iowa players would be under 20.

Should we not get involved in threads about Iowa players, or should we "let" (loosely used) ISU fans spew falsehoods and misinformation? If the charges on Clayborn get dropped, do you really think that there wouldn't be a shitstorm here?

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Should we not get involved in threads about Iowa players, or should we "let" (loosely used) ISU fans spew falsehoods and misinformation? If the charges on Clayborn get dropped, do you really think that there wouldn't be a shitstorm here?

My point was and is, that if no hawk fans added to the thread, then threads about hawk players wouldn't go on and on.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
My point was and is, that if no hawk fans added to the thread, then threads about hawk players wouldn't go on and on.

The couterpoint to that is if you don't walk Hawk fans interjecting their opinions about "their" team, maybe ISU fans shouldn't start Hawk threads. If/when the charges on Clayborn get dropped, it won't be a Hawk fan that starts the thread.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
The couterpoint to that is if you don't walk Hawk fans interjecting their opinions about "their" team, maybe ISU fans shouldn't start Hawk threads. If/when the charges on Clayborn get dropped, it won't be a Hawk fan that starts the thread.

This is an independent Cyclone fan site. No links to another 'sister hawk site' similiar to Rivals or Scout. You as a Hawk fan have to look for this site. Then register on a cyclone site, then make a post. What do you and your friends expect on an independent Cyclone message board?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Let me get this straight. Iowa fans are defending the actions of Iowa players by what happens or doesn't happen at UNI?

Not defending the Iowa players at all. Just pointing out the obvious difference in the way it is talked about on here. Actually, personally I'm being more critical of those who are so outraged at the off field problems at Iowa yet are nowhere to be seen when it's someone else. The ISU fans who openly admit to rubbing it in and making jokes because it's Iowa, I really can't find fault with.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Also, UNI has had just as much problems Iowa has had off the field. The reason people aren't "disgusted" is because A) they didn't even know or B) they really don't care.

Absolutely false. If anything, their "problems" have been academic issues. I would love to hear your reasoning behind this statement. Want proof of mine? I'll go next door and ask a few of the guys. Maybe they arent home, I'll go upstairs. Do UNI football players drink and do dumb things? Yup. Have they had as many problems as Iowa? Nope. Are you wrong? You sure are!

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Every fan expects some off of the field issues with their team and gives passes to other fans teams. The issue here... is the sheer number of OTFP Iowa has had since KF has been HC....

The number is staggering...... that is basis for all negative posts and press on Iowas OTFPs.... Why is that hard?

Do we need to write it down on black paper with a black sharpie for you to understand the difference? :biglaugh:

-keep

Reactions: Cylax51

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Every fan expects some off of the field issues with their team and gives passes to other fans teams. The issue here... is the sheer number of OTFP Iowa has had since KF has been HC....

The number is staggering...... that is basis for all negative posts and press on Iowas OTFPs.... Why is that hard?

Do we need to write it down on black paper with a black sharpie for you to understand the difference? :biglaugh:

-keep

So has the default date switched then? The media (and therefore, everyone here) uses April of 2007 as the date that all the problems started. How anyone came up with that date is anyone's guess, but whatever.

But now you've gone and switched "since April of 2007" to Kirk's entire tenure as head coach - an interesting approach indeed.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Iowa had numerous OTFP during the last couple of years ISU had the 5 in a row.... it is a pattern... a LONG pattern. But I will try to help you out:

The issue here... is the sheer number of OTFP Iowa has had since KF has been HC....

-keep

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Iowa had numerous OTFP during the last couple of years ISU had the 5 in a row.... it is a pattern... a LONG pattern. But I will try to help you out:

The issue here... is the sheer number of OTFP Iowa has had since KF has been HC....

-keep

Help me out with what, a large blank space? I'm not going to debate with you whether or not Iowa has had some problems off the field lately, because they have.

What I find somewhat dubious is the going back to April of 2007 whenever something happens. What happened in April of 2007, or what makes it the starting point? Is the person who first came up with it a Cubs fan, and that just happens to coincide with when Lou fielded his first team? It seems like someone opened up a calendar when they were writing a story way back then, and whatever month and year it turned up on was the starting point.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Why are there no responses to this topic? Do my fellow Cyclone fans not care about players from other teams getting charges reduced besides the Hawkeyes? I know this is exactly why Tarheelhawk posted this. It proves the few Cyclones who post in this forum are obsessed with anything negative Iowa.

What does your post prove?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
This is an independent Cyclone fan site. No links to another 'sister hawk site' similiar to Rivals or Scout. You as a Hawk fan have to look for this site. Then register on a cyclone site, then make a post. What do you and your friends expect on an independent Cyclone message board?

Stop asking rational questions that he will have no answer for. If your post isn't a direct attack on Kirk, U of I players, the U of I fanbase, etc.... then you may cause poor THH to have a stroke when he can't use one of his patented responses such as....

"All college kids drink so that doesn't make the issues at the U of I any worse then they are anywhere else."

"How is Kirk supposed to babysit 85 football players 24 hours a day. It isn't his fault the players lack discipline."

"Kirk should be making 3 million + dollars a year for all of the wins and publicity he has brought to the U of I."

"If ISU fans weren't always talking about the hawks then I wouldn't be here."

"Iowa is going to win the National Championship next year."

"The Outback Bowl is one of the most prestigious bowls played."

"Who cares if (insert hawk players name here) is hurt... (insert 2nd string players name here) is an NFL prospect so it won't hurt the hawks at all and in fact will probably make them better."

"Kirk is all about discipline."

"We are the best program in the Big 10."

"Iowa has an elite program that beat LSU, Florida, S. Carolina, etc... so who cares if a few backup players get arrested, it comes with winning."

cyclones6785

Dec 16, 2007
What does your post prove?

That the majority of ISU fans who spend time on this board care only about Iowa players and their legal problems. Just think if this lineman played for Iowa and he had the charges reduced? This thread would be 15+ pages in the first night.

GaryJohnson

Sep 11, 2008
Chicago
And with that, cyclones6785 was arrested by The Committee for treasonous statements and suspected insurrection, and was never seen or heard from again.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
And with that, cyclones6785 was arrested by The Committee for treasonous statements and suspected insurrection, and was never seen or heard from again.

6785 is a hawk fan .... a poser.

-keep

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
That the majority of ISU fans who spend time on this board care only about Iowa players and their legal problems. Just think if this lineman played for Iowa and he had the charges reduced? This thread would be 15+ pages in the first night.

Actually the Cyclone fans on this board enjoy talking about Cyclone athletics and events. The hawks are just a sideshow that we talk about because it is funny and mocking them brings out the band of brothers from Trollville who post extremely funny attempts to try and defend their beloved hawks. It is funny yet sad to a certain extent.

Then again the major difference that you are trying to point out is driven by the fact that UNI fans don't come on here spewing garbage all over the board. I have far more respect for UNI fans as they actually contribute to this site.