Are we recruiting a Juco Quarterback

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I like Arnaud the guy. He just can't pass to save his life. I hope they don't do the same thing Mac used to do and stay loyal to a guy even though he is not pulling his weight. It does not seem like Tiller is any better. I think if we bring in a Juco QB that can play right away we could have a pretty good season next year.
Herman can't call a good game because he has not faith in Arnaud throwing a good pass. So right now we basically have to run the ball and while we run good the other team has if figured out by the 3rd quarter that we can't pass at all.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
We do still have Tiller. But AA is the guy, he has the experience, he is a leader.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I doubt it, what would you gain. He would have to learn the system. AA would be worlds ahead of him.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I like Arnaud the guy. He just can't pass to save his life. I hope they don't do the same thing Mac used to do and stay loyal to a guy even though he is not pulling his weight. It does not seem like Tiller is any better. I think if we bring in a Juco QB that can play right away we could have a pretty good season next year.
Herman can't call a good game because he has not faith in Arnaud throwing a good pass. So right now we basically have to run the ball and while we run good the other team has if figured out by the 3rd quarter that we can't pass at all.

The best QB option we have on this roster for this offense might just be James Capello? I don't know if AA or Tiller are good enough passers?

Has anyone noticed every year that AA throws all of his passes to one or two guys? This year it's Jake and Marquis. Sed and Darks haven't even sniffed a pass thrown their way. The coaches talk all week how they need to get other guys the ball, in particular Darks. But AA still stares down the same one or two guys. I don't get it?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Has anyone noticed every year that AA throws all of his passes to one or two guys? This year it's Jake and Marquis. Sed and Darks haven't even sniffed a pass thrown their way. The coaches talk all week how they need to get other guys the ball, in particular Darks. But AA still stares down the same one or two guys. I don't get it?

Maybe those are the guys that get open.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
You're hoping there is a Seneca Wallace out there, which there is not. Unless our season completely goes down the drain, I'm willing to bet you won't really see Tiller much at all.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields

hamilton-15 catches
williams-9 catches
money-13 catches
arob-6 catches
catlett-4 catches
franklin-3 catches
darks/sed-2 catches
lenz/zitek/schwarz-1 catch

i would say that the #1 and #2 receiver should probably be catching more ball then the rest of the team. marquis and money were 1&2 and now i would say marquis and jake are 1&2. those are the guys getting the first and second looks. i would like to see the other guys a little more involved as much as anyone else, but i think you're reading way to much into it.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The best QB option we have on this roster for this offense might just be James Capello? I don't know if AA or Tiller are good enough passers?

Would you throw the ball to Johnson and Darks with the number of balls they've dropped this year? Jake and Hamilton have caught most everything thrown to them. For example, yesterday on the 4th down play in the last drive, would Darks have made the catch that Hamilton made? I think not.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

Except for that pass that Sed dropped yesterday. Had his hands on it and dropped it.

Perhaps Jake and Marquis have shown in practice that they can catch the ball more often than they drop it, or maybe they're the ones running their routes correctly.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I just re-watched the game yesterday on the DVR. I counted 4 passes that were completely on Arnaud for short hopping them, 3 where the receiver fell down (when the hell will they learn you can't stop in 1 step!! :mad:), 3 where they were dropped (didn't count one of Darks'...he got lit up), and 3 passes he REALLY got away with (the TD pass, the 4th and 5 pass, and the one he nearly took a sack and overthrew Franklin to no one in particular). I would like to club him and the receivers over the head though. DON'T RUN A 4 YARD ROUTE ON 3RD AND 7!

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Granted AA isn't throwing a lot of pretty passes, bit it's not all on him. We don't have guys getting open. It looks to me like he's making the only play he can at times. It's not like he has 2 or 3 wide open guys every time and is just making bad passes. Oour skills players are all struggling right now.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
How about the coaches coach him up and make him better.

CloneAbuse

Oct 4, 2009
Clive, IA
The passes that he short-hopped and completely missed on were relatively easy throws to make as well. Look back on each game he has at least three complete misses that most D1 QBs can throw easily.

It's like watching Bret Meyer all over again...no consistency.