AP Ranks the Top 100 Football Programs of All Time

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Personally I would love to be in the big10.

Easier conference, more money, more geographical sense

Yeah, I would as well. I didn't think the article sounded jealous at all, though. It was more self-deprecating about the history of our own program, in my opinion.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Personally I would love to be in the big10.

Easier conference, more money, more geographical sense

Agreed. At least we'd finally be on a level playing field talent-wise.
Heck, the only team we can beat consistently is in the big ten.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Agreed. At least we'd finally be on a level playing field talent-wise.
Heck, the only team we can beat consistently is in the big ten.

Please explain both statements. Iowa is 41-22 all time against ISU.

How many NFL players does ISU have that you would consider ISU to be on a level playing field with other competitive members of the B1G?

Reactions: ICHawk24

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I take it these Hok trolls have nowhere else to go and are just setting up home here on CF? They must be banned from HN and HR (can't blame them for getting rid of the dumbest posters over there). We need a wall.

Is their admin going to build it and pay for it too?

Reactions: GTO

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

How many NFL players does ISU have that you would consider ISU to be on a level playing field with other competitive members of the B1G?
This one is easily explained by the fact that Iowa refused to play ISU for the two decades they set the NCAA record for most consecutive non-winning seasons (Still stands I believe.) At the same time ISU was fielding some of its best teams and would have mopped the floor with them. On the flip side, ISU was absolutely wretched from the late 80's and 90's while Iowa enjoyed some of their greatest success. Record should be almost dead even.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Yeah but you guys talk about how KF has a losing record against ISU all the time. Four of his losses came 1999-2002, and five came over a decade ago. .

I thought your timeframe in your 'solid' posts were the last 15 years?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
This one is easily explained by the fact that Iowa refused to play ISU for the two decades they set the NCAA record for most consecutive non-winning seasons (Still stands I believe.) At the same time ISU was fielding some of its best teams and would have mopped the floor with them. On the flip side, ISU was absolutely wretched from the late 80's and 90's while Iowa enjoyed some of their greatest success. Record should be almost dead even.

Haha...ISU has been wretched except for a few seasons here and there since their existence.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009

Sorry, must have struck a nerve. I guess I just meant since you got your current coach. Can't remember his name at the moment.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
These new Hawk trolls ******* suck. @GTO you should start a poll to see which Hawk troll is allowed to be unbanned and maybe the mods will honor it. Let's get some of that OG stuff back here that made this board fun.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc and GTO

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
These new Hawk trolls ******* suck. @GTO you should start a poll to see which Hawk troll is allowed to be unbanned and maybe the mods will honor it. Let's get some of that OG stuff back here that made this board fun.
I agree. The old version of these same trolls were great because they would come here to boast about their basketball program and try to put ours down. These new iterations seem to have learned their lesson, avoid the basketball threads like the plague, and only want "serious" discussions about how great (overrated) their foosball team is.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins