Anyone else following this? (legalization of Fireworks in Iowa)

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Every time I see this thread bumped to the top, I immediately read the title in my head like Jimmy Valmer doing standup.

"Have you seen this, have you heard about this? Wow, what a great audience."

That's all.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I will say, they should be illegal to shoot within city limits of any town unless you are a pro. But once you get out of town, have at her.
So you think it's ok to either trespass on someone's land or shoot them off in the roadway as long as it's in the country? If you insist on needing to hear loud noises I'd appreciate it if u stay in town away from livestock and flammable crops\feed storage\outbuildings. Had a group of dipshits lighting off Chinese lanterns a few years ago and burnt a hay pile and a shop down.

Reactions: wxman1

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
So you think it's ok to either trespass on someone's land or shoot them off in the roadway as long as it's in the country? If you insist on needing to hear loud noises I'd appreciate it if u stay in town away from livestock and flammable crops\feed storage\outbuildings. Had a group of dipshits lighting off Chinese lanterns a few years ago and burnt a hay pile and a shop down.

What has a better chance of happening, a house/structure/car/other fire in town or the country? There is no perfect solution for this, might as well limit it as much as possible. Like everyone has said, let people blow their load this year, next year will be better.

Also, my grandparents use to shoot fireworks off every year. Guess where they lived? Never had a problem with livestock or grass fires.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
What has a better chance of happening, a house/structure/car/other fire in town or the country? There is no perfect solution for this, might as well limit it as much as possible. Like everyone has said, let people blow their load this year, next year will be better.

Also, my grandparents use to shoot fireworks off every year. Guess where they lived? Never had a problem with livestock or grass fires.
Neat solution. How about this, if you don't own the property you're shooting on **** off and go home.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Neat solution. How about this, if you don't own the property you're shooting on **** off and go home.

Where did I say shooting them off on someone's property? Shoot them off from some gravel road. Better to shoot them out in the middle of nowhere than 10 feet from your neighbors house.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Where did I say shooting them off on someone's property? Shoot them off from some gravel road. Better to shoot them out in the middle of nowhere than 10 feet from your neighbors house.
I think the issue with a gravel road is that many fireworks go pretty high in the air and they will likely come down on the adjoining property, not on the road.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Because we don't want you or your garbage in the middle of our roads? Same reason I don't come to your street and hangout? Not to mention it's illegal

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

No, there is, it just went away this legislative session.

Help Support Us

Become a patron