Any word on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
Just because it's a stupid game doesn't mean I don't want to see ISU win and do well. A lot of ISU fans have paid a lot of their hard earned money to support this program. They at least deserve to see some results on the field.

But... it is just a stupid game. If they decided tomorrow to end all football as we know it in this country, it wouldn't be a big deal to me. My life would go on, and could even be better for it. This isn't life or death here. As I said, it's a game. I still want my alma mater to win, why wouldn't I? But I'd rather be proud of the school and for what it stands for academically and morally than anything else. That's why this theft thing bothers me MUCH more than the game last night. Theft is real life stuff. Have you ever had things stolen from you? It's a scary feeling. I'm much more upset about this than anything else last night.

It really is a very frightening thought. I mean, to think that something has been stolen from the campus of Iowa State University? Does Leath not think we care about security? It sends chills down my spine just thinking that it's even possible for a theft to occur. Our campus is being taken over by thugs and hooligans.

Spam

May 21, 2008
This post proves my point exactly. It's only about wins and losses, right? Who cares about the dignity and class of the university and whether it's even a safe environment for everyone involved. As long as we get the W. Who cares if nobody will come here to play us because they don't feel safe.... at least we get the W. Hooooray!

So how many opposing teams can we expect will forfeit their Ames game?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
All we can hope at this point is that they find out who did this and punish them to the full extent of the law.

But we will now be the joke of college athletics. We can't even be entrusted to keep opposing teams safe and secure when they come to Ames anymore. What a joke. As an ISU alum, I'm completely embarrassed and ashamed.
Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

But at least I've always been able to be proud of Iowa State University. But if this story is true, then it sure stings. I can't say I'm proud to be an Iowa State alum today. I hope that something can change that feeling. Pollard and Leath will really have to do a lot of damage control on this and issue a public apology to Iowa and offer them whatever assistance they need in this matter. As well as pay for damages.

good job good effort on the trolling.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Is the security firm (CSC, right?) liable in this case? What an embarrassment.

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI
All we can hope at this point is that they find out who did this and punish them to the full extent of the law.

But we will now be the joke of college athletics. We can't even be entrusted to keep opposing teams safe and secure when they come to Ames anymore. What a joke. As an ISU alum, I'm completely embarrassed and ashamed.
Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

But at least I've always been able to be proud of Iowa State University. But if this story is true, then it sure stings. I can't say I'm proud to be an Iowa State alum today. I hope that something can change that feeling. Pollard and Leath will really have to do a lot of damage control on this and issue a public apology to Iowa and offer them whatever assistance they need in this matter. As well as pay for damages.

Dude, I hope you stay away from bridges, cliffs, put all ropes and belts away. You need to be on suicide watch the way you are acting. Good grief.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I think everybody should wait to make conclusions until we find out what actually happened. Was the place really "ransacked" like the register claimed or did somebody steal a couple cell phones? The former would be a real issue with our security, the latter would probably be somebody from within the Iowa program making off with some stuff.

mark

Apr 14, 2006
This post proves my point exactly. It's only about wins and losses, right? Who cares about the dignity and class of the university and whether it's even a safe environment for everyone involved. As long as we get the W. Who cares if nobody will come here to play us because they don't feel safe.... at least we get the W. Hooooray!

I do not post much -- but this above post is right on.

Iowa State is so much more than just a 'football' or sports team. This is just flat out embarrassing. To deny that is just childish. And if you don't think this will be picked up in the national media -- you have your head in the sand.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
O15Dtj6.gif

Reactions: LindenCy

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
It's going to set our program back in the sense that all opposing teams are now going to wonder if they are even safe in bringing their teams to ISU to play a game. How does that make your program look to you?

It's bad enough that we suck at football, but now we look like the slums of college football stadiums when opposing teams can't even feel safe and secure here.

Whether they feel safe or not, they're still on the schedule. Life goes on.

This is a bad deal and it shouldn't have happened. The people involved are solving it, and it'll work out.

Outside of Iowa, nobody will notice. In terms of a sense of security, this looks like a one time thing so far. If people can't accept essentially a fluke circumstance, that's their own problem.

Shouldn't have happened. It's absolutely wrong. It's not a long-term setback, and it won't turn us into a laughingstock. That only happens with the losing.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Yes, I would probably think about bringing my own security if I was a visiting team now.

Seriously people, take off the cardinal and gold blinders. There's nothing positive that can come out of a visiting team having their stuff stolen from them while they were playing the game. Quit brushing it off like it's no big deal. It's a HUGE deal. It's a huge black mark against this program and this university.

Brushing it off as if this kind of stuff happens all the time is nonsense. Just admit it. If Pollard is the kind of guy I think he is, he will be sick to his stomach about this. It's one thing as an AD to get embarrassed on the athletic playing field, but when opposing teams can't even feel safe and secure to come to your university to compete against you, that's truly sad and pathetic.

I can think of some more serious problems than theft, some that have happened recently at other Universities.

Rape.
Murder.
Pedophilia.
Drugs.
Cheating.
Changing grades.
Covering up any of those 6 things.

You act like this is the first time something has been stolen on a college campus and is worthy of a death sentence.

And no, this isn't a black mark against our program. We won't punished by the NCAA and this will be all forgotten about in a couple weeks.

Last edited:

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
All I'm saying is that the game was embarrassment enough, but at least it's just a game. It's meaningless. But when another team can't even feel safe and secure coming to your school, that's a whole other matter. It makes you really ashamed of your school. A school I graduated from and have always been proud of.

:biglaugh::twitcy:

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
this is a big deal to A. Hawkeye fans who want it to be and love bad press for ISU (See HN) and B. The local media who can make a bigger story out of something rather minor.

Anyone who lost their **** will have it replaced by the University and the security responsible for supervising that area. Guarantee that steps will be taken so that something like this never happens again.

ISUpadre

Aug 2, 2013
USA! USA!
I can think of some more serious problems than theft, some that have happened recently at other Universities.

Rape.
Murder.
Pedophilia.
Drugs.
Cheating.
Changing grades.
Covering up any of those 6 things.

You act like this is the first time something has been stolen on a college campus and is worthy of a death sentence.

And no, this isn't a black mark against our program. We won't punished by the NCAA and this will be all forgotten about in a couple weeks.

[video=youtube;2_urvjCXg6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_urvjCXg6c[/video]

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Don't get me wrong, I know there is a difference between Division I and Division III, but when our teams go on the road, most players bring their own padlock with them. We are given a locker room to use, that is locked and we get the key to it. Granted people at the host school can get in, but our players lock their own stuff up in an empty locker just to be safe.

Does that not happen at the D1 level as well?

Topshelf

Jan 31, 2007
Ames, IA
This did happen. A friend of mine from high school is married to a coach and said his phone and wallet were stolen. I'm a bit disappointed by this and hope they have video or something.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
CSC might be contracted but it is ISU who opts to outsource so its not like they give up liability. state farm might pay the bills if i wreck someone, but the other guy can still come after me for more.

however, im not sure what exactly the liability is in this case. its probably minimal. this is more of an unnecessary public black eye.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Losing your wallet sucks. Having it stolen also sucks.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I really wish this thread didn't turn into an overreaction/underreaction argument (as they always do). Not sure who is at fault, but I'd rather that ISU not have any kind of garbage like this associated with our campus, even though the thief probably has nothing to do with ISU football.

Status
Not open for further replies.