Any word on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I doubt if they would have cameras in the locker room. Opposing head coaches would not allow that I'm guessing?

What a complete joke of a night though. This night will set our program back a ways. It's one thing to lose a game, but we also tried to blare loud music to make it hard for Iowa to hear because our fans were already gone, and then we steal stuff from the opponents locker room too? You have to be kidding me. What a nightmare.

Because we played music for too long and Iowa's locker room got broken into is the main reasons it will set our program back a ways?

Just chill out. This isn't the first time an opponents locker room has been broken into and it won't be the last.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
Because we played music for too long and Iowa's locker room got broken into is the main reasons it will set our program back a ways?

Just chill out. This isn't the first time an opponents locker room has been broken into and it won't be the last.

The suspect said menacingly.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

It's going to set our program back in the sense that all opposing teams are now going to wonder if they are even safe in bringing their teams to ISU to play a game. How does that make your program look to you?

It's bad enough that we suck at football, but now we look like the slums of college football stadiums when opposing teams can't even feel safe and secure here.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
All we can hope at this point is that they find out who did this and punish them to the full extent of the law.

But we will now be the joke of college athletics. We can't even be entrusted to keep opposing teams safe and secure when they come to Ames anymore. What a joke. As an ISU alum, I'm completely embarrassed and ashamed.
Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

But at least I've always been able to be proud of Iowa State University. But if this story is true, then it sure stings. I can't say I'm proud to be an Iowa State alum today. I hope that something can change that feeling. Pollard and Leath will really have to do a lot of damage control on this and issue a public apology to Iowa and offer them whatever assistance they need in this matter. As well as pay for damages.

I'm going to hold you to this line.
And whenever you complain about one single thing or one coaching move or anything in the slightest, you will see this line pop up in response. And you can't yell at me because you will be yelling at yourself.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
confirmed by ISU police to Marc Morehouse.

So now we wait to see how the hell this happened. I assume they wouldn't put any security camera's inside the lockerroom because opposing coaches wouldn't want the risk of ISU videotaping them. Surely they have some outside the lockerroom though right?

When I worked for ISU (last in 2011), there were no security cameras in the locker room area, inside or in the hallways. Is the visiting team still using the old visiting locker room (west side) or do they now use the old home locker room (east side)? The west side locker room didn't have keypunch codes for the team locker room. The visiting training room and coaches locker rooms had keypunch codes. The east side (ISU's old LR) had keypunch codes at both entrances to the players locker room and the coaches locker room.

Security changed hands around 2010 or 2011 and was a lot more secure than years before. Checking all passes and just generally more strict. I don't recall there being a guard at the North entrance to the building, and that door was a PITA to get shut & latched. From there you still had to keypunch into the players locker room though.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
So you are telling me there was a crime in Ames at the same time when there are an unusually high number of Hawk fans in town. Color me shocked.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Marc Morehouse said he saw police in the lockerroom. that's probably not a good sign.

So where were they during the game? Cm'n man, are we that lax in watching out for visitor locker rooms that no one is there to protect it? This is just ridiculous.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
It's going to set our program back in the sense that all opposing teams are now going to wonder if they are even safe in bringing their teams to ISU to play a game. How does that make your program look to you?

It's bad enough that we suck at football, but now we look like the slums of college football stadiums when opposing teams can't even feel safe and secure here.

You're right. I bet when Texas comes up in a few weeks they will bring an ADT guy to put a new security system on their locker room. They will play so bad because the only thing on their minds will be if their wallet and cell phone are safe.
Jack Trice Stadium will be ranamed "South Side Chicago".
Whenever opposing teams come from now on, they will hire 2 Marines to stand outside their locker room and watch guard.
Our official mascot will now be known as the Iowa State Stealers.
Enrollment drops and fans stop coming for their own safety.
Tailgating suffers and lots shut down because of this incident.
Finally, there is no more football program at ISU because teams refuse to come to ISU because of a threat to their cell phones and wallets in their locker room.
We all die...

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

Are you even real?

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
And whenever you complain about one single thing or one coaching move or anything in the slightest, you will see this line pop up in response. And you can't yell at me because you will be yelling at yourself.

Agreed, now I have a new sig.

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
Are you even real?

I honestly think he really believes it. I have been a semi-regular on this site since '09-'10, and about 90% of his posts are about the imminant downfall and collapse of the program. That or he is the greatest troll I have ever seen.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You're right. I bet when Texas comes up in a few weeks they will bring an ADT guy to put a new security system on their locker room. They will play so bad because the only thing on their minds will be if their wallet and cell phone are safe.
Jack Trice Stadium will be ranamed "South Side Chicago".
Whenever opposing teams come from now on, they will hire 2 Marines to stand outside their locker room and watch guard.
Our official mascot will now be known as the Iowa State Stealers.
Enrollment drops and fans stop coming for their own safety.
Tailgating suffers and lots shut down because of this incident.
Finally, there is no more football program at ISU because teams refuse to come to ISU because of a threat to their cell phones and wallets in their locker room.
We all die...

Yes, I would probably think about bringing my own security if I was a visiting team now.

Seriously people, take off the cardinal and gold blinders. There's nothing positive that can come out of a visiting team having their stuff stolen from them while they were playing the game. Quit brushing it off like it's no big deal. It's a HUGE deal. It's a huge black mark against this program and this university.

Brushing it off as if this kind of stuff happens all the time is nonsense. Just admit it. If Pollard is the kind of guy I think he is, he will be sick to his stomach about this. It's one thing as an AD to get embarrassed on the athletic playing field, but when opposing teams can't even feel safe and secure to come to your university to compete against you, that's truly sad and pathetic.

Spam

May 21, 2008

So you're saying opposing teams are going to forfeit their Ames game? How does that set the team back? A forfeit for them is a W for us...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Just because it's a stupid game doesn't mean I don't want to see ISU win and do well. A lot of ISU fans have paid a lot of their hard earned money to support this program. They at least deserve to see some results on the field.

But... it is just a stupid game. If they decided tomorrow to end all football as we know it in this country, it wouldn't be a big deal to me. My life would go on, and could even be better for it. This isn't life or death here. As I said, it's a game. I still want my alma mater to win, why wouldn't I? But I'd rather be proud of the school and for what it stands for academically and morally than anything else. That's why this theft thing bothers me MUCH more than the game last night. Theft is real life stuff. Have you ever had things stolen from you? It's a scary feeling. I'm much more upset about this than anything else last night.

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
Yes, I would probably think about bringing my own security if I was a visiting team now.

Seriously people, take off the cardinal and gold blinders. There's nothing positive that can come out of a visiting team having their stuff stolen from them while they were playing the game. Quit brushing it off like it's no big deal. It's a HUGE deal. It's a huge black mark against this program and this university.

Brushing it off as if this kind of stuff happens all the time is nonsense. Just admit it. If Pollard is the kind of guy I think he is, he will be sick to his stomach about this. It's one thing as an AD to get embarrassed on the athletic playing field, but when opposing teams can't even feel safe and secure to come to your university to compete against you, that's truly sad and pathetic.

Do you think the Big 12 will not allow ISU any home games anymore? I mean, how can visiting teams ever feel safe? Until JP issues an apology, if I was Bowlsby, I wouldn't allow any team to go Jack Trice and just give the visitor an automatic W.

But then again with Mess, it's basically an automatic W anyway. Has he been fired yet?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

9/11 is a huge deal. This is petty b.s.

remember it is just football

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So you're saying opposing teams are going to forfeit their Ames game? How does that set the team back? A forfeit for them is a W for us...

This post proves my point exactly. It's only about wins and losses, right? Who cares about the dignity and class of the university and whether it's even a safe environment for everyone involved. As long as we get the W. Who cares if nobody will come here to play us because they don't feel safe.... at least we get the W. Hooooray!

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Lets get this straight since some have already jumped off the cliff. ISU, ISU Police and Ames Police are NOT at fault. Security is contracted to CSC so any liability is on them.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I have no idea what kind of security is in that area, but I imagine something odd had to have happened for someone to get in there. When odd things happen, I think it generally isolates who could have done it, so hopefully they will catch whoever it was and fix whatever issue it was that caused this.

Status
Not open for further replies.