Any guesses for the new ISU Bookstore “Exclusive Merch Drop”?

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Has more to do with the 90s revival. Pastels, baggier fits, and simpler retro logos are in. Champion is great for that.

When I was growing up (90s and early 00s), I never saw Champion as a poor person brand. I don't know, maybe that means I was poor. Nike shorts and Champion socks were the standard middle school uniform in the late 90s.

Yeah. I'm don't quite understand that reference considering a Champion reverse weave hooded sweatshirt's like $75 plain with no school logo.

Those sweatshirts were never cheap, but they're well worth it. They'd literally survive a nuclear blast probably.

Another bonus is they're warm as hell in the winter.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
as long as we are talking tertiary blue and spinning Cy, if anyone has a medium or large hooded sweatshirt in blue or grey with this logo you’d sell, hit me up, the pocket on mine tore and I’m thinking of retiring it.
026CA5E0-C07E-412D-8D81-9B28D0DA050F.png

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Are they bringing back the old CY also? The one where it appears if he leans forward more than a couple inches he’s taking a header.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
NO.

**** NO.
I mean to each their own but I still have a sweatshirt with that logo. It's in great shape. Why is it in great shape because it's ugly and I only wore it to games and a few other times.
That logo served its purpose by giving the Univ single "brand" as we used multiple ones previously. And it signaled a new regime with DMAC coming at the helm. DMAC means so much to the univ and it's too bad a better logo wasn't used. Ironically Chizik is a dirty word and the logo we have now began with his regime but the logo still holds up well today.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I always thought these were pretty cool for tshirts/sweatshirts:
1634695626099.png
6455_iowa_state_cyclones-mascot-1974.png

goldmember

May 31, 2006
The bird in a blender logo checks every box of bad design. Good logos are clean and simple so they pop and are easily identifiable from a distance etc.. I guess people out there who like pleated pants, button collars, and jorts have a logo to match their taste.

Last edited: