Any guesses for the new ISU Bookstore “Exclusive Merch Drop”?

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I've got a 2001 Vintage ISU paintball jersey with the whirly bird in blue. I'll fit right in rocking that thing in my tailgate this weekend.
lBjdPZp.jpg

mDxGJXB.jpg

29Kq6SP.jpg

And definitely the best shirt the club ever made:
Zndvz9o.jpg

YYdBJrp.jpg

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
honestly if we just put black in where their is blue it makes all of this stuff better. I never understood the blue. Putting black in where there is blue would make all these logos so much better.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I know I'm getting old when people are clamoring for Champion gear. That was poor people clothes when I was young. o_O
96’ champion hooded sweatshirts were the bomb. Iowa had the navy champion hooded sweatshirts I can’t remember an Iowa State equivalent…

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I think Champion is regarded as being a good brand again. I think I read an article or heard a podcast about it, which I'll never find but this article sounds similar to what I recall seeing.

I have a heavyweight Champion reverse weave hoodie from the early 2000s that is one of the best pieces of ISU apparel I've ever owned. It's super comfortable, warm as hell, and really durable. Only these last couple years have the cuffs really frayed, but unfortunately the elbows have worn through so its days are numbered. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat if I could.
Yep I have champion hooded sweatshirts from that era not even frayed and hundreds of times each for 25+ years. They were pricey but then they dropped quality and price and brand went to **** for a while.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
View attachment 90992

This is the best even though the team sucked at the time.

A close second is the current I-State

Cy in most any form is cool, Except the Bird in a blender.

Also turd swirling is not good.

Definitely our best. Anything with Cy on it never made sense to me. Are we the birds? No, we are the cyclones. Have a damn cyclone logo then.

• Dumb
Reactions: Neptune78

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
honestly if we just put black in where their is blue it makes all of this stuff better. I never understood the blue. Putting black in where there is blue would make all these logos so much better.
They probably wanted to do that but then people lost their minds saying black is owned by TOE.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Exactly. I have no problem with them bringing the logo back, but putting it on BLUE t-shirts is asinine.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Serious question - does any school have as many different logos and colors as us in the past 100+ years? The irony is that we use the ones most loved (running Cy, leaning Cy, sport specific Cy, etc) the least and they go as well with the current logo as anything we have.

Reactions: cyfanatic

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Serious question - does any school have as many different logos and colors as us in the past 100+ years? The irony is that we use the ones most loved (running Cy, leaning Cy, sport specific Cy, etc) the least and they go as well with the current logo as anything we have.
Then we do crap like these hated logo reboots and push more merch out into the world to muddy the waters and our branding/identity even more. I don't understand how it's a good thing.

• Agree
Reactions: psychlone99 and Jer

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron