Any guesses for the new ISU Bookstore “Exclusive Merch Drop”?

Cyrock18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2020
This is what bugs me about it. We've historically been terrible about making sure our apparel is consistent.

I get the sense that the people who really love this logo weren't ISU fans when it was our primary logo. I don't hate the logo, but I also don't think it's the coolest thing ever like much of ISU Twitter thinks.

this was the logo when I was a kid and I loved it and I still do. A lot of great memories going to the Jack watching Seneca rock the tertiary blue. All my friends who were fans as kids during this time love it too.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I'll bet 10 bucks they found these in the back of the warehouse and are trying to pass them off as some kind of re-issue.

I love Cy and have always just gone along with it but why do we have a bird as a mascot when it has nothing to do with our nickname?

I'll hang up and listen.

Cyrock18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2020
I'll bet 10 bucks they found these in the back of the warehouse and are trying to pass them off as some kind of re-issue.

I love Cy and have always just gone along with it but why do we have a bird as a mascot when it has nothing to do with our nickname?

I'll hang up and listen.

they wanted a physical mascot and couldn’t design a costume for a cyclone so they decided on a cardinal since it’s one of our colors.

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
Was hoping for something like this though. (Blacked out the faces since those kids aren’t mine).
View attachment 91008

Agreed. I saw this pic last season and have wanted a hoodie like this ever since. Would love a blacked out version like this!

Having said that I did just get a hoodie and t-shirt. This is the logo from when I was a student there and when I was really becoming a Cyclones fan growing up. I'm a lot smaller guy now than I was then so had gotten rid of most of my old apparel with this logo. Pretty excited to get a couple things I can wear again that remind me of those days.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
The Cloneado logo has the third worst football winning percentage of all time when compared to all of the other main logos we've had in our history. Just ahead of the Orrnado and the "I" + Megaphone logo in 1948-1956

Cyrock18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2020
The Cloneado logo has the third worst football winning percentage of all time when compared to all of the other main logos we've had in our history. Just ahead of the Orrnado and the "I" + Megaphone logo in 1948-1956

Lol I’ve always loved this argument like the logo matters. Besides, this is literally just clothes they’re selling at the bookstore, nothing else.

Y’all need to calm down before someone has an aneurism.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Lol I’ve always loved this argument like the logo matters. Besides, this is literally just clothes they’re selling at the bookstore, nothing else.

Y’all need to calm down before someone has an aneurism.
It doesn't. Some of us just don't want to live that history again.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Whew. Found a shirt and hat in my closet so I won't have to get to Ames in time before they sell out!

Seriously though, whar the Orrnado stuff at? links? (I like this moniker more than the Criner Clone)

Reactions: Cyclonsin

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
The bird in a blender minus the blue is easily my favorite logo. Captures the essence of the 90's logos but much more clean. Could be on a white helmet or at a minimum football and basketball bottoms.

bbad57beba8fd902d7b809d5a52fc6cb.gif

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I ordered one of the new Jack Trice stripes polos off the CF shop and got a size larger than normal, not thinking what kind of material we were working with, and this is how the sleeves were to me.

Did yours come as McDonald's red instead of our current iteration of red?