Another New Commitment-Zach Guyer

jamesfnb

Apr 9, 2006
Zach's 2007 Johnston High School Stats:

Made 11 of 14 field goal attempts
Made 37 of 39 PAT
51 of 61 kick-offs were touchbacks

I know Zach's family. Along with the schools already mentioned in this thread he was talking to UNI and Illinois. ISU was basically recruiting him from day one. Zach's dad is a big Cornhusker fan so I originally thought he may go there but I guess not.

Last edited:

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
What ever happened to the JC kicker w/ greencard issues? Do we still expect him for next year?

He was only eligible to play at USC, Texas, Ohio State and LSU. He was ruled ineligible as soon as he mentioned Iowa State.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
M&M interviewed him tonight on KXNO a few minutes after 5. The kid sounded like he was caught off-guard (I didn't catch the first part to see if it was planned or not) and a little confused.

He doesn't need to interview well though - just put the ball through the uprights.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
M&M interviewed him tonight on KXNO a few minutes after 5. The kid sounded like he was caught off-guard (I didn't catch the first part to see if it was planned or not) and a little confused.

He doesn't need to interview well though - just put the ball through the uprights.

Yeah, it wasn't the best interview in the world. Lots of mumbling and confusion like you say. He made it sound like he wasn't getting a lot of interest in the recruiting world and was more than happy to get an offer from Iowa State. He said something about how he was planning to visit UNI this weekend (cancelled) and that he was going to take an unoffical to Illinois sometime before ISU offered. I'm glad we offered and frankly I don't know what took so long.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Not so sure about this. Mohoney has a much more impressive list of schools, plus he is in EIU's backyard. No guarantee for ISU even if we "wanted him".

Doubt it. Mahoney doesn't have any offers and iowa already has a kicker committed.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I just hope that he isn't another Tony Yelk--a guy with a great leg who could never quite get it together. At least he could get the ball in the end zone!

By the way, did anyone else notice that Yelk's missed FG against Alabama was ruled off by the Big Ten ref that was fired because he was blind in one eye? That was one of the highlights they showed accompanying the piece on ESPN.