Another Cyclone added to the world

AdamO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 28, 2010
Ankeny
Our first child, a girl and certain future ISU volleyball player, was born this morning at 1:57am at Mary Greeley. Quite an experiene in the labor room, starting at 7am the previous day, but the hospital staff were fantastic. My hat is off to all mothers out there. As our doctor said, "labor sucks", and he compared it to kidney stones and heart attacks.

Guess if I ever have to spend 17 hours passing a kidney stone, then I might have a chance of winning an argument with my wife again...

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Congratulations! My first nephew will be coming into the world today as well (hopefully). Quite the day for births

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Congrats! We had our baby girl on 7/24. The first 2 weeks were rough. (but I ended up in the ER with an infection, so that was part of it) Give your wife tons of support and say yes to any help that is offered and useful without feeling bad. The help dries up and you'll wish it hadn't. Ripvdub took almost 3 weeks off with me. I was so glad he was here.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Congrats! My son was born 7/13 and he's still not sleeping throughout the night very well...we're running on fumes. Good luck!

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Our first child, a girl and certain future ISU volleyball player, was born this morning at 1:57am at Mary Greeley. Quite an experiene in the labor room, starting at 7am the previous day, but the hospital staff were fantastic. My hat is off to all mothers out there. As our doctor said, "labor sucks", and he compared it to kidney stones and heart attacks.

Guess if I ever have to spend 17 hours passing a kidney stone, then I might have a chance of winning an argument with my wife again...

As my wife described it to me:

"At first it is like pulling your upper lip over the top of your head...and then it begins to get more painful."

Needless to say if men had to go through this there would be a lot of single child families.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Congratulations! All of the best to you and your little one! Opinions about new babies are rampant, and nobody waits for you to ask for theirs - take most of it with a grain of salt, only keep the stuff that sounds useful!

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Congrats! We had our baby girl on 7/24. The first 2 weeks were rough. (but I ended up in the ER with an infection, so that was part of it) Give your wife tons of support and say yes to any help that is offered and useful without feeling bad. The help dries up and you'll wish it hadn't. Ripvdub took almost 3 weeks off with me. I was so glad he was here.

Congratulations too! :)

Reactions: 4VR4CY

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA

Congratulations!!