Alert: *** Announcing CF's new premium/Patreon initiative ***

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
FWIW, I am in the process of getting extra premium emojis built. Stay tuned.
GREAT! I'll trust that you'll get some really, really good ones. You are really putting the hard sell on me now!:) How about a "could you say that in English?" one and a "dumber than dumb" one and a "no politics please" one and a "dead horse" one .

Last edited:

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm extremely tempted to go T2 and just for the "dumb" emoji alone. So much dumb being posted on this board that really needs to get tagged with it. As one poster said today the board has become a cesspool.

I still say I'm the best "Dumb" emoji salesman around. I'm up to 1,785 and still counting. Nice.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm extremely tempted to go T2 and just for the "dumb" emoji alone. So much dumb being posted on this board that really needs to get tagged with it. As one poster said today the board has become a cesspool.

Still very early, but the few threads in the premium forum have been much more tame. Think most of the posters in there just want information and aren’t interested in getting into fights. And that’s the way Chris seems to have set it up

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
FWIW, I am in the process of getting extra premium emojis built. Stay tuned.

Ahem ===>
JIMLAD.png

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Still very early, but the few threads in the premium forum have been much more tame. Think most of the posters in there just want information and aren’t interested in getting into fights. And that’s the way Chris seems to have set it up
Great to hear!

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
I will sign up but want to be privy to the Williams/Otz convos from your most recent visit. When is he coming back to Ames? Thanks and I'll hang up and donate.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Why not come up with a one year subscription plan for the different tiers? Then we can send in a check and be done for the year. Also, gift subscription for a year for non viewers,

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Agree with other posters. Have enjoyed all of the insight over the years. Like so much other media, the business model is changing and ad revenue won't support going forward.
Without any reservation, I'm in for the Patreon level with the knowledge that it's such a great value. Thanks Chris for your efforts over the years...

The era of people just assuming that content online is going to be free is fast approaching its end. Soon enough, either you pay for it... or it won't be there.

Think hard and vote with your dollars.

I have two bank accounts that my wife has no idea exist. Highly recommend.

Divorce attorneys have ways of finding these.

I still say I'm the best "Dumb" emoji salesman around. I'm up to 1,785 and still counting. Nice.

Love you, @ArgentCy. Never change. <3

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The era of people just assuming that content online is going to be free is fast approaching its end. Soon enough, either you pay for it... or it won't be there.

Think hard and vote with your dollars.

Divorce attorneys have ways of finding these.

Love you, @ArgentCy. Never change. <3

Works both ways my friend.

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale
Just wondering from a support standpoint... What's more advantageous for CF...premium board members or the patreon? I would imagine some of that $$ gets taken from patreon?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
GREAT! I'll trust that you'll get some really, really good ones. You are really putting the hard sell on me now!:) How about a "could you say that in English?" one and a "dumber than dumb" one and a "no politics please" one and a "dead horse" one .

I'd offer an "we're all dumber for knowing you" or something similar.

Reactions: aauummm

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
OK Chris, I'm in. So far the goodies have exceeded my expectations. The dark theme is fantastic and the premium message board is great. The swag is very nice also. Good job on getting this put together! :D

Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Just wondering from a support standpoint... What's more advantageous for CF...premium board members or the patreon? I would imagine some of that $$ gets taken from patreon?

Honestly, the Patreon probably helps us more because the premium stuff takes away ads that are being served to active posters. We are probably breaking even on that, TBH. It'll be interesting to monitor over the course of the next year. Yes, Patreon takes a fee but I'd rather not have to deal with people's credit cards and stuff like that. I'm a sports writer. Don't want that burden.

Reactions: MJN