ANALYSIS: My thoughts on the new opening at OC

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Golesh is a high capacity guy who is really trusted by Campbell, particularly with recruiting. However, it seems that they are leaning toward Myers for the actual position.

People are getting way too confused here. Myers is NOT an option for OC. Myers and Golesh are NOT possibilities for the same position. Myers will likely be our new OL coach, not OC. Golesh, on the other hand, is being mentioned for OC possibly.

Manning was both OL and OC coach, but Myers will not be doing both, I can guarantee you that.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Did that kent state coach find a job somewhere? (he was in the mix for RB coach)

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Do we have any reason to believe Campbell would want to change gears going into year three and call the plays? Certainly he's capable, but I think this would represent a more substantial change to gameday approach and management than people are giving credit for. And it's not as if Campbell wouldn't have a short list already for all the what-if scenarios. Every good manager does.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Seems kind of a big jump to from grad assistant to offensive line coach. Seems more likely that they would move TE coach to OL coach and move the GA to TE coach. Or just hire outside for OL coach.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
I don't know if Myers' twitter bio was updated or if it's been this way for a while, but it says "Assistant Offensive Line Coach." I think he is probably ready for the role since they've been grooming him for the position.

Reactions: cyfan21

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Just curious as to why QB coach Jim Hofher hasn't been brought up as a possible OC. He seems like a good fit to be OC.
I like this option. Hofher was the passing game coordinator last year. I assume Scheelhaase (new RB coach) will be the running game coordinator, so promote Hofher to OC/QB coach. As much as I would love to see Golesh take over OC duties, I love how gungho he has been on the recruiting trail, and would hate to split his attention further.

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
Not just no....**** no. Keep that trash as far away from Ames as possible.

I'm guessing Matt Campbell calls the offensive plays next year.

Lets be careful not to condemn Kendall Briles for the sins of his dad. He had a good year at FAU and has strong ties to Texas recruiting. I doubt we could get him given he was hired to be the OC at Houston.

If CMC wanted to go "outside the family" two good options might be Junior Adams (strong performance as an OC at Western Kentucky with a potential new recruiting base in the Northwest) or Travis Trickett (good performance as OC at Georgia State with ties to the Big 12, Alabama and Florda State).

• Disagree
Reactions: OnlyCyclones

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron