Ames loses to Marshalltown in Substate.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Wow. That is the most underachieving program in the state of Iowa.

Props to SEP for their first trip to state since 2000!!!

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
This is one thing I have a problem with the State tourney selection of Iowa. A team like ames should be playing in the State tourney. Make this game a part of the tournament. Expand the field in the tourney and eliminate the sub-states.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Ames had every opportunity to make it to state. All they have to do is step up and win a game they are favored in. You win, you go to Wells Fargo. If not, too bad.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
barnes struggled in the 1st.. in the 2nd he did better but he looked like he was kinda forcing it.. ames always chokes in post season... its sad...but it was a good game

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
This is one thing I have a problem with the State tourney selection of Iowa. A team like ames should be playing in the State tourney. Make this game a part of the tournament. Expand the field in the tourney and eliminate the sub-states.

Still have to win the game...regardless whether it's played at the Well or in Ankeny.

FYI..I also went to Ames High and know the problems they've had with M-Town and Ankeny.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
I'm not saying they shouldn't be there but playing in the CIML for any team trying to reach state is difficult. I'd say the same thing about M-town if they didn't make it. I'm just saying expand the field like they are in football.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I'm not saying they shouldn't be there but playing in the CIML for any team trying to reach state is difficult. I'd say the same thing about M-town if they didn't make it. I'm just saying expand the field like they are in football.

I disagree completely. That is what makes the postseason so much fun.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny

Every team already makes the playoffs in basketball, which is different than football where half the teams do.

Chris

Mar 20, 2006
Houston
Visit site
Way to go Bobcats ! Graduated there in the 70's and the M-Town/Ames games always were a blast to watch. Both always had good teams. I don't live in MTown anymore, were the Bobcats that good this year? What were they, second in District?

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
I can see the other side, and I admit half of my posts have been to get a reaction here, but when I played going to the UNI-dome was a great experience and the more kinds that can do it the better. Same goes with the Well. These are kids that'lll most will play no more after these games. Give them an experience to remember. Because it is for the kids.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

A team like Ames should be good enough to beat Marshalltown, but I get what you are saying. Fields need to be expanded in both football and basketball. Johnston didn't go to state in football and they went 7-2

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
A team like Ames should be good enough to beat Marshalltown, but I get what you are saying. Fields need to be expanded in both football and basketball. Johnston didn't go to state in football and they went 7-2

both teams split in the reg season... ames had a chance to win it.. with about 50secs left up by one they had the ball and forced a lay up when they should of pulled it out and ran clock..

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Yeah I'm not trying to knock any team here, but there are some great teams left out in the current formats. it's high school...the more the merrier.

ajjohnson

Sep 25, 2006
I can see the other side, and I admit half of my posts have been to get a reaction here, but when I played going to the UNI-dome was a great experience and the more kinds that can do it the better. Same goes with the Well. These are kids that'lll most will play no more after these games. Give them an experience to remember. Because it is for the kids.

So you basically want to give every team an "experience" and a reward that is the same as the winners get? Why don't we give every team a championship trophy and each player a ring too. The more people that can have that "experience" the better.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Hey I didn't say go the way of the YMCA. But come on, give more teams the chance to play in the big tourney. Add a few $ to the DSM coffers (see where i live) and what's the harm. I'm saying this game could of happended at the Well instead of Ankeny.