Ames Buffalo Wild Wings, workers in Hawk shirts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
If this is all you have to be concerned about, I'd like to have your life.

Seriously, it's a ******* t-shirt.

I'll second that. The last thing I'd do is cry to the manager about it. You probably gave him something to laugh about with his buddies and co-workers the rest of the day. Seriously, some people around here need to toughen up a bit.

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
they couldn't just be having fun and supporting the team they route 4 could they? seriously if you have issues with people wearing iowa deer in ames thats a you problem.

Last time I wore an Iowa deer I needed 40 stitches. The deer strongly objected.

Also - did they ever get that bridge work done on Route #4?

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Reading through this thread makes me want to give up on being an ISU fan for good. I don't know if I can be associated in any possible way to this. It makes me feel like an idiot by proxy.

Most people would be good good natured about something like this.

"Oh, you're a Hawk fan, help. I don't want him touching my food. Manager, help."

But not Ketel. He has to take it as a personal attack. Something so serious that he's going to take time out of his day to call corporate or talk with the manager or...who knows.

There's so many legitimate things in this world to get upset about.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just buy a grill and cooler and start tailgating. Bww is no game experience to me anyway. Even tailgating, you will have the loser in the UI shirt/hat, you just deal with it. Iowa has so many t-shirt fans that you will have them whereever you go.

CyScoop

Aug 2, 2011
I do love a good scolding in virtually incoherent English.

Complain to my smart phone and it's speech to text function.

On a side note once when I said "Iowa State" the text to speech function interpreted just "Iowa" and dropped the state. Please advise if I need to boycott my smart phone.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Iowa fans work in the service industry, it's about all they are good for.

getcloned

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2008
Need some help emailing Buffalo Wild Wings Corporate. Here's why.
On Saturday morning (game day) four of us went into the new Ames BWW for a drink. We were greeted by three workers with Iowa shirts on and large glitter Hawk heads pinned on. There were others as well. Our waitress was dressed in I State geer, and she was disguisted as well. I talked to the manager in a very polite way by explaining that any business is about customer experience. And it made little sense in Ames on a game day to have Hawk shirts on employees, as it wouldn't make much sense in Iowa City to have I State shirts on. He had a "I don't give a rip" attitude, and said his employees can wear what ever they want. We finished our drink and left, never to return.
I ask for emails to be sent to corporate BWW. This needs to be changed. A few emails can make a difference.

Buffalo Wild Wings - Contact Us

Same thing happens here in Lexington. There will be an occasional server with a UL or UT jersey/shirt on during most Saturdays while UK is playing.

Annoying yes. But I think that is the spirit of the restaurant; employees are fans too and they encourage them to wear their colors.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I can't wait until I have so little happening in my life that I have time or energy to care about, let alone write letters about what t-shirts people wear. Actually if I ever get to that point I hope I'm very near death.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I was there Saturday too. It annoyed me when I first saw her but then realized there was an Iowa game on earlier and there were still some hawk fans there. Funny thing about that, at the table of hawk fans one kid was wearing a Longhorn shirt:confused:

Anyway, we won't be going back. Nothing to do with the shirt just wasn't impressed with the food and would rather support a local business. That said, where should we go on that side of town? We like Dublin Bay but the kids get bored with no games. We also like Old Chicago but again, not local.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Thanks for the heads up - I know many people think it is no big deal but in cases like this I speak with my wallet and I will avoid BWW in Ames and will tell everyone I know not to go there as well - there are better wings elsewhere anyway.

Same here . . . I have never visited but was planning to . . NOT NOW. Thanks for the heads up!

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Its freaking annoying yes, but good luck changing it.

Fact: There are many many many more Iowa fan than ISU fans. Things like this will happen frequently until that changes.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
I'll second that. The last thing I'd do is cry to the manager about it. You probably gave him something to laugh about with his buddies and co-workers the rest of the day. Seriously, some people around here need to toughen up a bit.

And its "fans" like you . . . that I just shake my head about . . . you are passive wimps.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
I go to school at Iowa and I see plenty of waiters/waitresses wearing Cyclone stuff at the BWW here...Its really not a big deal get over it man, its comical that you feel the need to call corporate for this.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Its freaking annoying yes, but good luck changing it.

Fact: There are many many many more Iowa fan than ISU fans. Things like this will happen frequently until that changes.

And just remember . . . more students from the state of "Iowa" attend ISU . . . but I'm sure that fact is lost on you (18.5 K versus 17.3k). So go ahead with your many, many, many, many, many, many more fans crap.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
And just remember . . . more students from the state of "Iowa" attend ISU . . . but I'm sure that fact is lost on you (18.5 K versus 17.3k). So go ahead with your many, many, many, many, many, many more fans crap.

Uh, the number of Iowa fans is a TON bigger than Iowa State fans. Anyone arguing otherwise is extremely naive. Number of students doesn't correlate to fans.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
I go to school at Iowa and I see plenty of waiters/waitresses wearing Cyclone stuff at the BWW here...Its really not a big deal get over it man, its comical that you feel the need to call corporate for this.

What is comical is that management "flunks" its business course by doing something so patently stupid and ignorant . . . in these days you don't 'p off' your clientele by doing something SO STUPID. But keep laughing as most of us laugh at you for not catching the "drift."

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Nice to get so much participation on a Cyclone board from Hawk fans posing as I State fans. If you're in Ames, you have a new place to call home.

You're kidding, right? There has yet to be an Iowa fan posing as an ISU fan in this thread. All the ISU fans calling you out are pretty well-documented ISU fans.

You're just being an idiot and giving the fanbase a God-awful rap.

They aren't rubbing it in that they think the Hawks are better. They're fans. When I went to BWW a couple weeks ago in Iowa City, I saw Colts, Cubs, Vikings, Packers, Cardinals, and Twins gear being worn by the staff. It's a sports bar, and I think it's nice that employees are allowed to wear their colors.

However, if you REALLY want it put to an end, just go in and park yourself at the bar, get wasted, and pick a fight with a waiter wearing Hawk gear. That'll put an end to it very quickly.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
What is comical is that management "flunks" its business course by doing something so patently stupid and ignorant . . . in these days you don't 'p off' your clientele by doing something SO STUPID. But keep laughing as most of us laugh at you for not catching the "drift."

The only stupid and ignorant things here are people who make decisions in life based on Cyclone or Hawkeye.

Their clientele are people in Ames. Are only Cyclone fans in Ames? No. My business degree (from Iowa State no less) tells me you and many other Cyclone fans are an embarrassment to the fan base as a whole for such immaturity.

Dustin Gray (Compliance Director) should be fired for hiring an employee who is an Iowa fan.

Some of the professors in the College of Business at Iowa State should be fired for having graduate degrees from Iowa.

Last edited:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
You're just being an idiot and giving the fanbase a God-awful rap.

This.

If the opposite thread was posted on the Hawkeye forum - people here would be poking a lot of fun at it.

This is pretty pathetic and is a typical type of topic here after a lackluster ISU win or loss.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

Actually, it would seem that by reading this thread, the vast majority of people wouldn't give two sh*ts about it. Because the people being stupid are the ones like ketel.

Status
Not open for further replies.