Am I the only person that is putting ZERO stock in to this season?

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
I just haven’t been able to get in to it. Half of the teams aren’t playing a season, half of the conferences games cancelled this week, empty stadiums with no atmosphere. I don’t know what this season is, but it’s not College Football. I’ll be watching off the DVR all season.

The news media is going to pretend like everything is normal and try to push this season on me like nothing is out of the ordinary. The threads I see on this site so far are just the run of the mill post-loss meltdowns as if this was the first week of September against the team we were supposed to be playing. There’s like 3 weeks until the next game.

It’s just not the same and I don’t want to pretend like it is.
I don't understand this at all. Why the lapse?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Gameday experience is so much of it for me. I would have been way more pumped up and pissed off if I was in the stands. Just the whole uncertainty of everything definitely robbed me of a lot of my enthusiasm for the first game, and that game yesterday took care of what was left. I'm still going to try to go to games if we are allowed, but it seriously makes me second guess my decision to not just defer until next year.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
This thread would not exist had ISU blown-out Louisiana. It's natural though. You can find it on our losing team boards as well. You won't see it on OU's or WVU's though.

OMG you are so wise.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
I just haven’t been able to get in to it. Half of the teams aren’t playing a season, half of the conferences games cancelled this week, empty stadiums with no atmosphere. I don’t know what this season is, but it’s not College Football. I’ll be watching off the DVR all season.

The news media is going to pretend like everything is normal and try to push this season on me like nothing is out of the ordinary. The threads I see on this site so far are just the run of the mill post-loss meltdowns as if this was the first week of September against the team we were supposed to be playing. There’s like 3 weeks until the next game.

It’s just not the same and I don’t want to pretend like it is.
It is not the same.

But it beats the living **** out of spending this fall watching soccer, bowling, and WWE

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
OMG you are so wise.

I would have never set a tee time for game time last year. I would have never set a tee time for game time in the lowest CPR years. Didn’t even really have a conflicting thought in my head about it yesterday.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Say what you want about the football team.

I was pretty dam impressed by the band. Especially all the wind instruments playing while wearing a mask.

Watching the tuba player play his sousaphone while wearing a mask was inspirational. Made anything I do while wearing a mask seem insignificant.

Kept looking for the piccolo players. That would be even more impressive than the sousaphone.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I didn't see a single college game yesterday where the players looked pumped up to play, and none of the games had much energy either.

It's obviously just a very odd season and situation. I think everyone is just worn out from this whole Covid thing.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
So people opting out don't pay for this season, putting more financial pressure on the AD correct?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron