AJ Green Leaves the Portal - Staying in Draft

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I hope you are right. I just hate getting my hopes up and then being disappointed
twss.gif

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Why is everyone so sure we will get him? I get that his dad is on staff, but what if he gets offered 350k from some team? Will we offer NIL?
Certainly no guarantee. However, I don't think $$ is as big a deal to him as most players since he comes from a well-off family, and we can probably still get him something, even if it's not the maximum pay day he could get elsewhere.

Reactions: tyrelrobert

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
"We landed on the moon" is information that is out everywhere and you are a fool for not know it. You aren't helping your cause trying to denigrate the plebs who don't pay for premium.
The funny thing is there wasn't any concrete information on what AJ was going to do on the premium board. Not sure what he's going on about.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Why is everyone so sure we will get him? I get that his dad is on staff, but what if he gets offered 350k from some team? Will we offer NIL?
No one is "sure" of anything, but the first hurdle to clear with the kid was convincing him to even leave UNI. I think that was a bigger hurdle to clear rather than convincing him to take less NIL money at ISU given all our connections

paysclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 3, 2006
I’m giving my money to NIL deals. Getting players is more important to me than finding out ten minutes earlier than everyone else that we got that player
CycloneFanatic does NiL deals....just saying.....

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Certainly no guarantee. However, I don't think $$ is as big a deal to him as most players since he comes from a well-off family, and we can probably still get him something, even if it's not the maximum pay day he could get elsewhere.
I know what. Someone Insert video of redhead making the heart gesture around her mouth.

• Funny
Reactions: Proton and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Sources say there is $500,000 for whoever ends up playing the most minutes at PG for ISU MBB next season.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclad

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Wasn't Kyle Green keeping an apartment in Ames because his wife ran a business in Cedar Falls or something? So if AJ comes here, this has the makings of a great buddy comedy as dad and son move in together and live the multi-generational bachelor life. Can't wait for all the misadventures and hijinks to ensue.

NiceMarmot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2017
If we get Green and Vander Plas, it would definitely take the sting off of surprisingly losing Hunter. This is only 11 scholarship players too; there would still be 1-2 more spots to fill, whether that's Gabe returning for a 5th year or adding Basile, Abogidi from Wazzu, Souley Boum from UTEP, or another name not yet in the portal.

1650473316974.png

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
True, and besides that...reporter Bain said from the 'get-go' that he would test the waters and maybe there's the possiblility of a transfer but it wouldn't be ISU. I'm not hanging my hat on just one source, but I'm also not expecting him here at all.....so at least I'll be the happiest surprised fan if he does.

Reactions: tyrelrobert

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Wasn't Kyle Green keeping an apartment in Ames because his wife ran a business in Cedar Falls or something? So if AJ comes here, this has the makings of a great buddy comedy as dad and son move in together and live the multi-generational bachelor life. Can't wait for all the misadventures and hijinks to ensue.
Correct, Michelle runs a very successful chiropractic clinic in Cedar Falls.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and Trice

NiceMarmot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2017
True, and besides that...reporter Bain said from the 'get-go' that he would test the waters and maybe there's the possiblility of a transfer but it wouldn't be ISU. I'm not hanging my hat on just one source, but I'm also not expecting him here at all.....so at least I'll be the happiest surprised fan if he does.

My own personal opinion and I could be way off-base, but I've always felt Bain is almost guessing a lot of the time with his recruiting reporting. He seems late on everything.

• Agree
Reactions: baagoe

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron