Agents of S.H.I.E.LD.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I feel like they are just getting into the meat of the show.

Is Ward a mole or is he really Hydra? What IS Sky and why were people after her as a baby? They keep tying in the movies and there are more this summer, how will that play out timeframe wise with what is currently going on?

I don't know what to think of the whole Ward/Sky thing......

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I do wonder if the issues with this season's pacing will continue to be a problem for as long as this series runs. They are always going to have to sync up a lot of their big twists and climactic episodes with when the movies get released, so I fear there are always going to be unfortunate chunks of filler at odd times every season. That being said, hopefully they can continue to build up their characters in order to make those stand-alone episodes more fun and feel less like a waste of time.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
I do wonder if the issues with this season's pacing will continue to be a problem for as long as this series runs. They are always going to have to sync up a lot of their big twists and climactic episodes with when the movies get released, so I fear there are always going to be unfortunate chunks of filler at odd times every season. That being said, hopefully they can continue to build up their characters in order to make those stand-alone episodes more fun and feel less like a waste of time.
Season 2 will pretty much be on its own. Season 2 will start after Guardians and Avengers 2 will be in May 2015 with no movies in between. Season 2 will need to more or less stand on its own where this year it had to work with both Thor and Cap.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Season 2 will pretty much be on its own. Season 2 will start after Guardians and Avengers 2 will be in May 2015 with no movies in between. Season 2 will need to more or less stand on its own where this year it had to work with both Thor and Cap.

I'm sure that will help, especially when you consider just how SHIELD-centric the Cap movie is (I'm assuming, I think I'm going tonight). But I still wonder if they'll have to start slow and then unload all their big plot points right at the end of the season so they don't spoil anything for Avengers 2.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I want to know what that blue guy was that Skye and Coulson used to come back from the dead. Looked like a Kree to me. Could make Skye Ms. Marvel.. just saying.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I want to know what that blue guy was that Skye and Coulson used to come back from the dead. Looked like a Kree to me. Could make Skye Ms. Marvel.. just saying.

Im not sure they would do that with her unless they want to commit to putting her in the movies at some point. Who knows though. Marvel is swimming Scrooge McDuck in the amount of money they have right now.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
I have thought the same but Kree seems too obvious. And I really don't want Skye as Ms. Marvel. I think she would be terrible in that role.
Ms. Marvel is also way too much of a heavy weight to waste on the television show. And with Marvel seeming like they want to delve into the cosmic stuff even further than Guardians, Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel should probably be saved for that path.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I always hated Captain Marvel. Loved Ms Marvel...well how they drew her sometimes.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Im not sure they would do that with her unless they want to commit to putting her in the movies at some point. Who knows though. Marvel is swimming Scrooge McDuck in the amount of money they have right now.

I'm just waiting for Marvel to give us like "Tigra vs. Paste-Pot Pete" movie and laugh their ***** off when it still opens #1 it's first weekend.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
I'm just waiting for Marvel to give us like "Tigra vs. Paste-Pot Pete" movie and laugh their ***** off when it still opens #1 it's first weekend.
I really hope the big reveal in Age of Ultron is that the 1986 Howard the Duck ties into the same MCU.

theCyBooty

Sep 7, 2012
I have thought the same but Kree seems too obvious. And I really don't want Skye as Ms. Marvel. I think she would be terrible in that role.
Ms. Marvel is also way too much of a heavy weight to waste on the television show. And with Marvel seeming like they want to delve into the cosmic stuff even further than Guardians, Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel should probably be saved for that path.

Chloe Bennett, the actress who plays Skye, confirmed that the blue guy was Kree in an interview a few weeks back.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
So, should we take a poll: Does Ward really like Skye or is he just using her?

It's interesting that they just left it as the bus is missing. I am more convinced the Ward is purely for Hydra, but I hold out a small tiny piece of hope that he's still pulling one over.

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa

It's interesting that they just left it as the bus is missing. I am more convinced the Ward is purely for Hydra, but I hold out a small tiny piece of hope that he's still pulling one over.

I'd say both. He must care about her because he told the truth when he said he wanted to spend time with her in the lie detector and if he didn't care about her he wouldn't have told her he's not a good man. He's obviously feeling guilty about what he's doing. I like the Ward being Hydra thing and I hope they don't end up making him back in to a good guy, but I think they will.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Im torn on this. Depending on where they go with Black Widow in the movies, Ward could be filling in for that double agent inside Hydra type deal.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Im torn on this. Depending on where they go with Black Widow in the movies, Ward could be filling in for that double agent inside Hydra type deal.

Since no one is supposed to know that Phil is alive though, how would it affect his team? They make it sound like Phil's team is still out on their own. This may be fixed when Mae visits Hill next week...

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Since no one is supposed to know that Phil is alive though, how would it affect his team? They make it sound like Phil's team is still out on their own. This may be fixed when Mae visits Hill next week...

Fury always plays different pieces independently that way noone has all of the information.

They mention this constantly on the show. Definitely made sure to mention it a few episodes back.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
I just can't see how they would make Ward back into a good guy. Dude has left a trail of SHIELD agent bodies the last 3 episodes. Too bad Patton Oswalt's character didn't last longer. Look forward to some Colby Smulders action next episode though.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I just can't see how they would make Ward back into a good guy. Dude has left a trail of SHIELD agent bodies the last 3 episodes. Too bad Patton Oswalt's character didn't last longer. Look forward to some Colby Smulders action next episode though.

No, I don't think they can. That was my first assumption that they would do that because it doesn't make a ton of sense for him to be a bad guy unless he's not going to be a regular character next year but it does make sense if Cobie Smulders will be joining the team. She'd fit in pretty well in his old role.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron