Agents of S.H.I.E.LD.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I like this show. Looks like they're putting together some nice ideas and building blocks. Characters are coming together.

It does just depend on how far they push things. Are they willing to incorporate some super-heroes and villains? If so, will that rule those characters out from movie appearances?

Nice start. I like this show.

theCyBooty

Sep 7, 2012
I like this show. Looks like they're putting together some nice ideas and building blocks. Characters are coming together.

It does just depend on how far they push things. Are they willing to incorporate some super-heroes and villains? If so, will that rule those characters out from movie appearances?

Nice start. I like this show.

I think that is why they used a villian like Graviton. Super powerful but never a villian that really moved the needle or would be the main protagonist of a movie.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Last night's episode was pretty great. They're doing a good job of tying things back to the movies.

It's definitely getting better, but the ratings keep falling slowly. The show eventually needs to strike out on its own, not just be a part of the greater marvel universe. Introduce some antagonistic organization, and raise the stakes by killing off one of the main group. It seems like they were finally getting the balls to do that yesterday and they pulled back on it. And as good looking as she is they need to stop making skye the main character, she is just way too ******* goofy.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Just an FYI. If you don't get to Thor this weekend, don't watch SHIELD Tuesday. It will have a direct tie in to the aftermath of the movie. You don't want to give it away before you see it.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Just an FYI. If you don't get to Thor this weekend, don't watch SHIELD Tuesday. It will have a direct tie in to the aftermath of the movie. You don't want to give it away before you see it.

Can't wait. Seeing Thor tonight.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

thanks for the heads up. I'll keep it on the dvr next week.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Apparently the episode that ties with the new Thor movie is next week, not this past episode. In case anyone was waiting like I was.

I hope it shows them chasing around that beast that got transported to Earth but unfortunately it looks like they just find some weapons that Malekith left laying around.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
What is the significance of deathlok and Thor? watched the show, but didn't know what is going on.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I grew up on another Deathlok.
I'm glad to see one showing up. That's cool, but the show overall just doesn't seem to bother developing anything. They drop hints, drop more hints, but paying off is apparently not on the agenda.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
I grew up on another Deathlok.
I'm glad to see one showing up. That's cool, but the show overall just doesn't seem to bother developing anything. They drop hints, drop more hints, but paying off is apparently not on the agenda.

I see what you're saying, but then again I followed Lost for all 6 seasons, so maybe I have a higher threshold.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
I'll buy that. I'm much less patient this year than normal.

I think that they have some fantastic things going on here, and I like that they didn't play every card at once. I'd just like to see a couple more cards on the table.

Yeah, though I think they have actually done a pretty good job creating this Deathlok story arch. I mean, we've nearly come full circle from the pilot here. At the time we thought they were just introducing some generic throw-away super-powered individual and now it's turning into something that is actually a pretty major part of the Marvel Universe. Plus they did it in a way that was surprising, at least to me. I definitely didn't see it coming, though I probably should've thought of it when they first showed Mike Peterson after his supposed death.

I'm not really all that sold on all this "Clairvoyant" stuff, still waiting to see where they are going with that. If it's any consolation, Marvel has said that will be revealed by the end of this season.