After watching the game again

ChiefCy

Aug 4, 2008
It is an amazing win when you consider they did not play that well. Ejin misses a layup then Allen gets a steal and misses a dunk. Don't mention the Ejim -White_ Christoffersen in bounds debacle. Nearly 7 & 1/2 minutes to open the 2nd half without a basket. Although MacGee had a couple of good plays, overall Booker, Gibson, and McGee did not have real good games off the bench. Christoffersen is the only one that had a really good game and he even had some bad turnovers. White missed a number of in close shots. The Refs would not call their guy for a goal tend or foul. Poorly officiated game as a whole. But they still won.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I thought there was a 10-12 minute stretch in the first half where we played about as well as we can, and everyone was involved. I think we played 9 players in that stretch.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
That in bounds debacle was absolutely disgusting. Just throw the freaking ball in. We weren't even being pressured, yet we still managed to mess up an in bounds pass.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
It seemed to me that after KSU went on their run to come back and take the lead, the turning point for our guys was when Babb hit that 3. Got him out of his shooting funk and put the spring back in everyone's step.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
You can watch a replay on espn3 or it will be posted on cyclones.com (if you have a membership) sometime this week.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I thought there was a 10-12 minute stretch in the first half where we played about as well as we can, and everyone was involved. I think we played 9 players in that stretch.

I thought the first half, overall, went as well it possibly could, considering the offense looked off-kilter about half the time, and players had to sit to conserve fouls.

Second half opened as dreadfully as possible.

With the exception of how it happened (and when), the first 25 minutes of that game had a lot in common with the game @KU.

This time, ISU absorbed the punch.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
It seemed to me that after KSU went on their run to come back and take the lead, the turning point for our guys was when Babb hit that 3. Got him out of his shooting funk and put the spring back in everyone's step.

I agree it was a huge basket for us...but to say making one shot the whole game means he's out of his funk, I wholeheartedly disagree. Great defender. Great player. Just struggling offensively at the moment.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
cyclonedave25 said:
That in bounds debacle was absolutely disgusting. Just throw the freaking ball in. We weren't even being pressured, yet we still managed to mess up an in bounds pass.

Anybody else think that is going to be a not top on Friday? Either that or Royce's airball of a free throw?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Just think how good this team would be if all 4 shooters were on, they played tough D all game, and always made the extra pass.

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
after watching the game over here's what i realized

1) dudes shouldnt be prancing around in purple.
2) will spradling has acne
3) jordan henriquez is probably an illegal immigrant
4) frank martin is on speed
5) LSD is a hell of a drug
7) go cyclones. scotts a thug. RACK city

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
It's my second favorite win of the year and arguable our most important but this was not even close to our best game this year. In fact, the last two games we have not been hitting on all cylinders but we won anyway...which is both worrisome and reassuring. If we peak right we can do some damage.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
I thought it was a great team effort. Very unselfish, they made the extra pass. It didn't always pay off but often times it did. During that stretch to start the second half, it wasn't like we played poorly. We just didn't make baskets. There were some missed wide open shots in that stretch.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
After rewatching it myself....KState is a cheap *** team. If the refs called all the fouls on them that they should, Frank would have to sub himself in towards the end of the game.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I listened to most of the game on the Cyclones app. I missed the first part of the 2nd half. I am very surprised as to how well we play in the first half. We really took KSU out of their game and we were on fire. I didn't catch the first part of the 2nd half, but I listened to the end and was just excited to come out on top.

I just watched the game on ESPN3 replay. I was impressed with our play through most of the game, but we definitely could have played much better which leaves me pleased that we were able to win and gives me hope that we can upset Missouri or Baylor before the Big 12 Tournament.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
after watching the game over here's what i realized

1) dudes shouldnt be prancing around in purple.
2) will spradling has acne
3) jordan henriquez is probably an illegal immigrant
4) frank martin is on speed
5) LSD is a hell of a drug
7) go cyclones. scotts a thug. RACK city

Maybe I shouldn't ask, but what's #6?