Actually Helping Farmers

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I took a big shot to the stones yesterday. I was listening to the radio the other day and heard Jodi Ernst and Chuck Grassley both do a "Countdown to Kickoff" for Hawkeye Football on their radio advertising. 2 large players in Agricultural Politics telling us to get excited for Hawkeye Football. I understand they had to do it, and I understand they would look foolish to say no, but come on man do the right thing!!
Aren't both Ernst and Grassley ISU alums? Sounds more like Iowa trying to act like an Ag school again with their stupid America needs Farmers campaign by bringing in politicians with Ag backgrounds. UIowa is pathetic.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Aren't both Ernst and Grassley ISU alums? Sounds more like Iowa trying to act like an Ag school again with their stupid America needs Farmers campaign by bringing in politicians with Ag backgrounds. UIowa is pathetic.

Grassley is an UNI grad I think and he isn't a farmer no matter what he says.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Did someone else put together an online ordering deal yet for the WRNL design? If not, I can possibly still put one together.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I will preface this post by saying this is my store and I would make some money off of each sale. Additionally 20% of all sales from this shirt will be donated to the Coalition to Support Iowa's Farmers. I am hoping to add more farm themed shirts to my Iowa themed store in the near future.

http://vintageiowa.storenvy.com/products/14171673-actually-helping-farmers

attachment.php

I like the Iowa State outline in this one. I think I'll just have to get both.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
CysRage PMd me and said he was going to try to put something together. He has some connections with some printing companies or something.

Hopefully he can get something put together and post back.

Definitely let me know. I'm stuck down here in DFW, but I need at least two of those shirts (XXL and L plus maybe more from ISU Alumni down here). Grew up in Central Iowa with my backyard rotating from soybeans to corn year to year.

And thank you for all the responses. Wish I would have gotten on this sooner, I'll be in Ames for the UNI game and that would have been my game shirt.

Last edited:

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Couldn't we just set up a way to order them through a foreign t-shirt printer. You know, a country that could care less about US licencing laws? Seems like a way around the problems WRNL had.
Can't you just make your own at custom ink or somWhere?