A lot was learned tonight..

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
First, most on here didn't think we would win any way. I thought our d line improved a lot from game 1. Yea Weismann had 150 yds but on 35 carries and against a pretty physical oline. I thought our secondary played worse than our lbs and dline honestly. Iowa had wr's open a lot. Second, this team didn't quit...let me say...this team didn't quit. I think it was a very god thing that the offense pit together two td drives late and the passing game really came on last 10 minutes. They have been out of rythym since the start of the year and just started clicking. Knott is going to be a stud, period. We have some lbs redshirting who have the size to come in and play next year and that is good. Our defense improved a lot, Irving's light came on and that bodes well for his season and next. We are a really really young team guys but there is talent there. If we can win 3 big 12 games I will be pleased.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Very, very one dimensional team, and we couldn't stop them. We're F****D against good teams!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We learned that UNI was not a mirage.

We learned that we are not a running team.

We learned that tackling is good.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
--dback summary for Cyclones: It is not 1982 and we are not the Redskins. No more smurfs. There are hundreds of quarterbacks and wide reiceivers out there that could be recruited and developed into very servicable defensive corners and safeties at a Div. 1 level that might not play in their high school position. Many of them are taller than 5'-6".
--I like your optimism. Have you watched the last two bowl games? The Pinstripe and the Liberty Bowls?

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
Our D never quits, despite having to play 35-40 minutes a game. The O needs to play well before the game has already been decided.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Defense was fine, you can't expect them to play the entire game and not give up any points. You have to score some points, they were out there for 38 minutes, that just can't happen. Just way too many 3 and outs.

Offense was hard to tell. Line is all banged up, basically the line was a thrown together after Lalk went down. Bundrage is a stud, that was established, now Mess can figure out a way not to get him the ball from now on.

SR was hurt, not sure he should have been out there but coaches felt it was better to go with him. I still can't figure out why the running backs are not getting the ball more. Bruns said it best, if we aren't going to run, then don't run, let's sling it around.

Still a pathetic performance offensively. But we are so beat up, hard to tell.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Defense was fine, you can't expect them to play the entire game and not give up any points. You have to score some points, they were out there for 38 minutes, that just can't happen. Just way too many 3 and outs.

Offense was hard to tell. Line is all banged up, basically the line was a thrown together after Lalk went down. Bundrage is a stud, that was established, now Mess can figure out a way not to get him the ball from now on.

SR was hurt, not sure he should have been out there but coaches felt it was better to go with him. I still can't figure out why the running backs are not getting the ball more. Bruns said it best, if we aren't going to run, then don't run, let's sling it around.

Still a pathetic performance offensively. But we are so beat up, hard to tell.

Too level-headed. Need to drink more. Sky is falling.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Yes, the O looked all right when Iowa backed off. Congrats to us. We won the uncontested 4th quarter.

yeah I don't take much from those two 4th quarter TD's.

As a fan, I have reset my expectations. This is a bad football team, that is not going to win a lot of games. I have accepted this.

This is also a football team that won't lose much to graduation other than Washington and George on defense. I feel sick for those guys that this won't work out better for them, but the rest of this year is practice for next year and getting young guys snaps. Success is not measured in wins from here on out, not for me anyway. This year is over with as far as wins and losses for me.

All I want to see is something get better every week. This week we saw that Bundrage can indeed play and could be very very good. We also saw the defense might be able to make some steps and get better. David Irving played very well, Luke Knott can become a good player. Those are some positives and a couple good steps.

This is not where I wanted to be, but that is the situation. I just want to see 2 or 3 wins to keep things from completely falling apart and we need to see progress each week, especially offensively. I do think this can be a pretty good team in 2014, especially in what could potentially be a pretty weak B12 again next year.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I thought our defense was better. Offensive game plan is a joke. We either zone read up the middle or a screen pass to the sideline. Look what happened when we threw the ball down field? 21 points.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Said so far all season throw the football down field, defense is tired playing most of the game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron